Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can I colour my hair

Poppy Allen
@poppy-allen
10 years ago
3 posts
Please help. I started my natural dread journey 6 weeks ago. I have one little dread staring at the back and the rest of my hair is just starting to section off. My hair is currently almost shoulder length. I'm a natural redhead and have coloured my hair for many years due to the grey hair. I had my hair coloured about a month before I started neglecting. At the roots I now have a not so attractive silver/grey stripe which I hate. I wondered if I could go ahead and colour my hair now as I'm not long into the process or have I got to put up with the ever growing greys until my dreads have formed.Thanks
updated by @poppy-allen: 01/13/15 10:03:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its probly best not to but if u must and u really dont want to just embrace those greys u earned then carefully touch up just the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Poppy Allen
@poppy-allen
10 years ago
3 posts
Thanks. I'm just not sure I earned THIS much grey. I think I will try and stick with it for now until I can colour it all.
Poppy Allen
@poppy-allen
10 years ago
3 posts
Thank so much. That had made me feel a whole lot better. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it all develops. As well as grey I also have a mixture of blonde and red. Should be interesting.
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
I really like how look grey/white hair. And agree that is way better if you are dreading, to preserve your own colour... I think maybe even if you rinse super well, some of the product would get stuck in the dread and would not be good at last for the health of the hair.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form