Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lots of loose hair

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

I did read Nathanial's thread a few down but his hair is much different to mine.. mine's fairly thin and fairly straight with bizarre kinks in random places...

I've decided I like my backcombed starter dreads enough that I don't want to comb them out BUT right now I seem to have them still but tons and tons of loose hair around them, & coming out of them, not handfuls but almost!!... (it's not falling out literally & if I pull on them they are attached) Is this a normal stage for Caucasian hair with mines description. I never crocheted or waxed i'm coming up to week 3... Is this a good thing? Or is this all just part of the set back of 6 months having backcombed them & I'll be lucky to recover if ever???

There is a picture in my pictures from yesterday but today seems much worse....

updated by @tattinatti: 02/14/15 05:34:38AM
Cayla Phillips
@cayla-phillips
10 years ago
3 posts

Im about 3 months and have A TON of loose hair. Just trying to get used to it :/

The back of my head is only dreaded by like an inch up to the scalp. I feel like I'm going crazy trying not to touch them. It's all just lose hair while the rest of my head is dreading nicely.

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

I don't mind it so much.. I don't love it but i'm not too upset...it it's just that now i've decided to keep my backcombed efforts I don't want to find out 6 months down the line that I should have scraped them at week 3 if this much loose hair was already running amok lol.... Did you backcomb first Cayla?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its completely normal backcomb fdont set u back 6 months crochret does but backcomb gets looser anhd messier for a couple months b4 getting better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

ok, thanks SE... just looking at the pic of my 8 day & then my yesterday there is a ton of difference it doesn't even look like the same persons hair.. lol... I just don't know where ALL the loosy is coming from!!! Eeepers...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

post a pic whst do u wash with?

--
TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

pics are in my picture album, one of 8 days and one of yesterday.. it's much looser today though as I just washed..

I'm using B/S wash which I fill a pitcher & then a 1/2 cap of ACV diluted with 2 drops tea trea oil in a bottle the size of a powerade bottle shaked up then I rinse that out.. Every 4 days...

I'm waiting on Vicki's lock shampoo & also getting a bar from her and the gel but wont use the bar for a while probably...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i know to u it looks messier but to me looks like progress they are just fine remember your only a handful of days in

when u see those days become weeks then months uwill see real progress

find and read a discussion titled "dreading the 1st weeks of dreading'

--
TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

I will thank you .. & progress is always good... :D

Nathaniel Lopez
@nathaniel-lopez
10 years ago