Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Confusion and then next chapter of this journey.

Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
10 years ago
21 posts
I'm feel a little sad. I have a few weddings coming up this year and my own in October 2015. And I have this heavy feeling of combing out my dreams, which are now About a year and a half old. I don't feel completely whole with this set as I did with my last set but yet at the same time I truly truly love them feel they are my true self. But the connection with this set to my soul feels a little off. They are finally getting longer. And now I just want to brush them all out. Be a little "normal" for those forever photos and make my grandmother happy on my own wedding day. She is from the old country and has very old ideas. And when she talks to me about them makes me feel the worst I have ever felt. And with this missing soul connection to my lovely dreads. I believe this journey has met it's end for now. After my wedding I do believe I am going to try the natural method to begin my next set. That's always a plus. I have always back combed them and let them go I their own. Next time I want to see what my hair decides for itself. And so the journey Contines.
updated by @coloursnrainbows: 02/14/15 03:52:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

is it the fact that they arent natural that makes u not feel so connected?

since u have time b4 the weddings maybe u can experiment with elegent wedding styles that may make u feel better about it?

if u do decide u want to comb out do so far in advance of the weddings to give ample healing time to return to more normal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
10 years ago
21 posts
Yes I do feel that because they are not natural. These were sectioned very oddly. My last set before this had natural separations. And I loved them so much. This set doesn't have the same confident feeling.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i do love them tho its your choice but how bout u marry me instead and we can have a dready wedding in the woods barefoot or even nakee hehe just to keep them jk but...its your choice do what feels right..for u not granny

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nathaniel Lopez
@nathaniel-lopez
10 years ago
26 posts

I think that you should do whatever makes you happy in the end. Weddings are about family and not hair lol. Whatever you do, look your best even if its dreaded or not. BTW congrats on your wedding! Hope your able to work this out.

Tim5
@tim5
10 years ago
359 posts

I hear alot of folks on here referring to their dreads as "thisset or thatset". I think there is a lack of connection seeing them as a set. Just my opinion.

peace

Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
10 years ago
21 posts
Thank you SE. Very flattering. :) I feel very torn. I don't want to and I do. I guess I will see in time if the urge keeps growing or not.Tim I only refer to th m as "sets" when they are over. Even though I did refer to this one as a set because I am missing some kind of connection. But maybe it's just me.
Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
10 years ago
21 posts
I was only thinking of taking half down anyways. As most of my favorites are in that area so I guess that's not as bad as not having none
TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

I just looked through your journey... you should too... you got so far!!!! If you don't love them though is it a phase or if you look back through your pic journey do you think oh yes I remember not feeling the love all through... you know? You did some pretty nice things with them like the braid & that and another one where they were all pinned in.. that would look super nice for a wedding... xxx

Coloursnrainbows
@coloursnrainbows
10 years ago
21 posts
Thank you tattinatti. I do love them. And it is probably just a phase. But someone's comments came not at the right moment. All those pictures are early pictures too. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and said. Yes I am beautiful. Yes I do love them. Yes I do want to keep them. So it's looking brighter. Just hit me in the wrong time and by the time my wedding comes they should be so much longer!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form