Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads are having trouble locking?my roots are suyp

Nicole Hincks
@nicole-hincks
10 years ago
3 posts

Sp, I've had my dreads for a little over 5 months now. I have straight hair with a slight wave to it. They were started with the twist and rip method and afterwards I had just let them be. But anyway now the tips of the dreads towards the side and front of my head are slowly un-dreading and flattening out. Also my roots are super loose at the sides and front.

Another thing that worries me, is the back of my head is super messy and tangled up, i've been pulling them apart but it really hasn't done much. Is there anything I should do about any of this, or should I just leave them and let them do their thing?

updated by @nicole-hincks: 01/13/15 10:03:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they are just 5 months old this is completely normal

the roots and tips wont tighten to 8 months at the earliest but can be as much as 13 months

keep seperating the back if its a seriuos issue wrapping or beading might help

post a pic of the back plz

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicole Hincks
@nicole-hincks
10 years ago
3 posts

soaring eagle said:

they are just 5 months old this is completely normal

the roots and tips wont tighten to 8 months at the earliest but can be as much as 13 months

keep seperating the back if its a seriuos issue wrapping or beading might help

post a pic of the back plz

Here's the back.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

that definately needs some separating u might want to get som,e help with it and do i see rubber bands in 2 of them//

--
Nathaniel Lopez
@nathaniel-lopez
10 years ago
26 posts

The back looks like it might need a little love. However, the rest of them look lovely and nicely shaped!

Nicole Hincks
@nicole-hincks
10 years ago
3 posts

Yeah, a few people told me rubber bands at the root would help with the separating, not much luck with that as you can see. And yes i've been pulling them apart, any suggestions on how to help separate them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no runbber bands they are a very very bsd idesa

separate when wet if they doint separate try a lil olive oil on the connected parts u canj als9o try getting in under a few hairs at a time with a knitting needle and opull out tikl u release enough to separate

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form