dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Long ends/tips normal?

Tompe
@tompe
10 years ago
2 posts

Greetings all.

I made dreads with backcombing 18 days ago. Before 2 days i washed my hair the first time in the shower with just cold water.. After that i feel like the ends/the tips of straight hair became a bit longer after the wash...

Is it normal that it happens for new dreads after washing the first time? A lot of loose hair also came up after washing but i guess that is normal at least :)

See the pictures attached below...

Thankfull for any answer

updated by @tompe: 01/13/15 10:03:17PM
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Looked at your pixs they are really sweet!!!!!! Long ends are totally normal, in fact that is great. Water will drain much quicker and more of it. This will help prevent mold.I backcombed some of mine and yes they do fall out a little and then they re-tightened . Wish you peace and joy on your journey!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yes its normal but ..did u use wax?

i sure hope not

photos are too out of focus to be sure but thought i might have spotted a hint that some was used?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its also normal for roots to become very loose and have up to 3 inches indreaded at both roots and tips for many months they tighten up as they mature in both directions

--
Tompe
@tompe
10 years ago
2 posts

Thanks for the answers i apreciate it.. good to hear that it is normal..

I did not use wax, i been keeping it stricty natural... :)

I have another question.. i found a recipe for washing dreads in another thread.. where it says to use baking soda (but not the powder) How does this product look like? In my country i only know of baking soda in powdered form. Is it ok to use it in powder form if the other is not to be found?

And how often is it really recommended to wash new dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

baking soda is a powder but theres also baking powder wich is baking soda and corn starch mixed i want baking soda not baking powder /.but both are powders

--
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

Baking soda is only in powdered form. You should be washing your baby dreads 2-3 times a week.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form