Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So I back combed my dreads before I signed up here

Seve Manzoor
@seve-manzoor
10 years ago
2 posts
I recently finished getting all of my hair back combed for a total of 106 dreads, a little late to change my mind lol. I think they look great and I don't have the clown look described in the methods page (probably because they all weigh each other down); I'm mostly wondering what I can do to minimize the bad side effects of the back combing methods and help them dread inward in the nicest way possible.I currently use Dr. Bronners on my hair and wash every other day because I don't like working out without washing afterwards. I didn't know until recently to only apply shampoo to the scalp but I plan to do that from now on.Is there anything in particular I should be doing in the months ahead to help them form? The dreaducation page is difficult to use for me since it is mostly for people who have gotten dreads properly.
updated by @seve-manzoor: 01/13/15 10:02:58PM
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
10 years ago
38 posts

I'd say just let 'em grow... you should be fine. You should post photos too.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

just wash and separate the damage backcomb causes is to the scale like cuticles on the hair shaft its not as devestating as crochet damage and theres nothing to be done now to limit the harrm done ..its done.. but isnt severe unless it was really hacked at righly

from here on just wash and separate and be sure to dilute bronners alot..(dont use it at all if u got hard water)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I backedcombed mine too. On one hand I am glad I did, it placed them to cover some thin spots in my hair. On the other hand, It does damage your hair some and I now realized I missed part of the ride. But that being said,just love them. Wash them and separate. Just let you know, as they start to change, they will blend, get messy, shift, and be nothing like you started. It is amazing to watch.The ones that fell out and reformed on their own, are the soft more natural looking ones. The ones I made to cover thin spots,are a little harder rougher. But I LOVE every one of them. I really like Vicki's soap better than Bronners. If you have the cash, definetly try.One bar last me almost two months, so worth it. Liquid soap from Vicki' would help them tighten even faster. (dreadlock shampoo) Good luck

Seve Manzoor
@seve-manzoor
10 years ago
2 posts
I suppose I should mention that a crochet hook was used as well lol. Thanks for the inputs, though. I'm planning on just letting them do their thing and waiting like a year to judge them much, ill just keep them separated
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the hooks a much bigger problem that will delay dreading by 6 months (if they are tight) but they will recover slow;y

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form