dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why its handy to do a BS/ACV wash regularly

Brett
@brett
10 years ago
28 posts

Let me start off by stating something,

Even though it works great and is what I use as my regular shampoo, The dreadlockshampoo.com soap still leaves residue. All shampoo will leave some level of residue, particularly if you're like me and wash with bore water. I had a problem in my first few months of dreading with shampoo residue building up around the side of my head, leaving the base of those dreads sticky, smelly and looking pretty rank.

I'd been using just dreadlockshampoo.com soap for about four months at that time so I decided to do a BS/ACV wash just to see how it went and it did an awesome job at clearing up the residue that was building up.

I kept doing the BS/ACV wash once every month or two just to keep the build up in check and to generally get a level of cleanliness that the regular shampoo couldn't quite get but over the summer I didn't get time to do a BS/ACV wash because of various reasons.

So I went all up about 5 months without doing a BS/ACV wash and when I finally got a chance to do one, I found a huge amount of dirt and dust had been collecting in my hair.

My point is, it's important to have a regular BS/ACV wash to keep residue and dirt from building up, particularly if you use hard water for your regular washes. find somewhere you can get clean water from, in my town you can get drinking water from almost any tap so I get a large bottle and use that for my washes, if that's not possible then you could also try getting a large bottle of spring water. It'll make the process of locking faster, it'll keep your hair from getting stinky, dirty and sticky. Just do it.

updated by @brett: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

uts been over a year since ive done 1 maybe i should again..bjut i find theshampoos work wonders and no buildup

also my hairs way stronger using the shampoos then it was when using bs/acv all the time.

tho once in awhile for a deep cleanse might be good to do

eh..ill probably just use the shampoo again tomoro its just so nice to use

maybe if i feel grungy 1 day or my scalps really acting up bad ill give it a shot again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brett
@brett
10 years ago
28 posts

I found that just doing a BS/ACV monthly and then using regular shampoo however often you wash your hair kept all the build up and such under control. I was pretty surprised when I realised it was the buck's county soap that was causing the buildup but it could just be a testament to the quality of the water at my house. :|
soaring eagle said:

uts been over a year since ive done 1 maybe i should again..bjut i find theshampoos work wonders and no buildup

also my hairs way stronger using the shampoos then it was when using bs/acv all the time.

tho once in awhile for a deep cleanse might be good to do

eh..ill probably just use the shampoo again tomoro its just so nice to use

maybe if i feel grungy 1 day or my scalps really acting up bad ill give it a shot again

AlieeDee
@alieedee
10 years ago
1 posts

This was really helpful! I also use that shampoo..i love it, it smells so nice and seemed to work at first. I've been using it for about 3 months now, and I've noticed that I often have a stickiness left over after. I have really hard water, and I think I wash my hair too often but if I don't wash it enough it gets really greasy. Thank you for this post, I will have to do the BS/ACV wash soon!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form