Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm back :)

Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

Many of you may remember me. I started an amazing dreadlocks journey a year and a half ago. What many of you don't know, is after my dreads were 1 year, I combed them out. Why? Because they were ripping lots of hairs out of my scalp.

I started my dreads with a 'starter' method of twist and rip with forced sections. I grabbed sections at random, but there was never any natural sectioning, so as they matured, there started to be some issues. I also 'started' them too close to the scalp, which inevitably is what caused me to have major problems. If you do remember me, you know I never did anything bad to my dreadlocks. I grew them out naturally, besides using the starter method, I never tampered with their progress.

Anyway, I tried using oils to moisturize; I even got desperate being in so much pain that I conditioned. Nothing would loosen them up near my scalp. I eventually came to a decision to comb them out. I am not opposed to t&r, I just think anyone considering that should AT LEAST let them section naturally FIRST!!!

Now we are to why I came back! I, of course, miss having dreadlocks immensely. I just didn't want to make the same mistake of forced sectioning, tight t&r, etc....I haven't combed my hair in 5 days. So far, after only a few days, my hair is sectioning quite nicely.

I am very excited about my new journey. It feels so right this time. I mean, it felt right before, but I was impatient. I learned patience during the process, but I mean when I first started before, I didn't want to wait for my hair to section or anything!

Above: my hair prior to starting my new journey.

Above: 5 days of no combing. I have washed my hair 3 times so far. My hair is dry in these photos.

Above: here is the other side. You can see after only a few days my hair is already sectioning a lot!

I missed you all! I am glad to be back and on a new journey! Although I grew my dreads naturally last time, I didn't let them form naturally. This time, I am letting it all go naturally! I will, of course, separate when necessary.

updated by @amanda-clouse: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

really great to see you back!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CoriElaine
@corielaine
10 years ago
173 posts