dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting New Dreads?

CT Luongo
@ceeeeetl
10 years ago
3 posts

Hi there,

I'm CT and I'm a hairdresser but have very little knowledge in dreadlocking and dread maintenance.

I'd like to to grow/start a few dreads again. I used this site for a full head and twist and rip ones a year ago but had to take them out due to health and stress but now I'm 100% healthy. On my profile there's a photo of them/me.

I just was wondering if it's safe to get crochet ones (lower half on a head) done at a "professional" (I like the neat, tubular shape, around 5/6cm each in size ) and then don't bother with any maintenance. Let them befree and get fuzzy, bumpy etc.

I have Caucasian hair, its wavy/curly European, it's fine but not too fine and it does knot naturally but this time round I only want my lower half of my head dreadlocked. So I don't want the top half getting knotted in with them, because I know my hair and it will eventually, haha.

Advice please/ alternatives? I know crochet dreads are seen as bad, but some people on here also have positive views one them.

Thanks you.

updated by @ceeeeetl: 01/13/15 10:02:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

well only those in denial do its a horible method and doing it to start means 6 months b4 they start dreding and a year or even 2 to lose the crochetted look your better off doing tnr

but

the tops going to want to dread into them no matter how u start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CT Luongo
@ceeeeetl
10 years ago
3 posts

Fair enough to the tops though, I could always tie up when I sleep, and let whatever lock together.

Which methods do you think is best?

soaring eagle said:

well only those in denial do its a horible method and doing it to start means 6 months b4 they start dreding and a year or even 2 to lose the crochetted look your better off doing tnr

but

the tops going to want to dread into them no matter how u start

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

natural/freeform or tnr

if u can go natural youd love it if u cant tnr is a good option

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Yeah, definitely never crochet, interlock, wax, retwist. All of these methods are damaging and dangerous for dreadlocks
CT Luongo
@ceeeeetl
10 years ago
3 posts

Ty!

Jamison Johnston said:

Yeah, definitely never crochet, interlock, wax, retwist. All of these methods are damaging and dangerous for dreadlocks
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form