Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i would like to talk about a good book

labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts

i was curious if anyone has read this book before i found it to be highly enjoyable and very insightful. It is about being mindful of all that you do the things you eat the earth you live on and the air you breath... i believe that i have begun to grasp a true meaning of happiness from reading and taking in the teachings of it.

updated by @labmofgod: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
brooke blinebry
@brooke-blinebry
14 years ago
13 posts
No, I have never read or herd of it but it does look like a very inspiring read.Thanks for the heads up Ill definitely check it out.. pce
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
no i havent but the good things you speak of about it is enough for me to check it out my friend! =]
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i am glad to see that some people have taken in the idea of getting and reading this book... any books writen by this man are good and inspiring.
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i would like to share a poem that i found very enlightening from this book.Standing quietly by the fence,you smile your wondrous smile.I am speeceless, and my senses are filledby the sounds of your beautiful song,beginningless and endless.I bow deeply to you."You" refers to a flower, a dahlia.I was very moved by these words and it helped me with some troubles i have been having. I hope that it too can help any of you willing enough to read it and think about its true meaning.
Aurora Borealis
@aurora-borealis
14 years ago
34 posts
Ishmael is great, along with Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (which I'm currently enjoying now).One of the best books of all time is "Stop the Next War Now: Effective Responses to Violence and Terrorism"
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
i like the sound of that last book u listed i will look for it at my library Aurora Borealis said:
Ishmael is great, along with Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (which I'm currently enjoying now).
One of the best books of all time is "Stop the Next War Now: Effective Responses to Violence and Terrorism"
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
im glad to see that someone here has read this book. im very happy about this. Sister Rags said:
Oh, yes! I read it many years ago when I was beginning to study Buddhism. Thich Nhat Hanh is an exceptional teacher.

Mindfulness is hard work and a constant practice, but the reward is immense. The reward IS the practice.
dantherastaman
@dantherastaman
14 years ago
12 posts
looks like a good read, I'll have to look into it. If you're into alternative healing, or just religion or medicine or whatever, there's a book called The Anatomy of the Spirit that's pretty good.
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
I will look for that book and see what its about. thanks for the recommendation dantherastaman said:
looks like a good read, I'll have to look into it. If you're into alternative healing, or just religion or medicine or whatever, there's a book called The Anatomy of the Spirit that's pretty good.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form