Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread gel

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
I just got my order of lockin up liquid shampoo and dread gel. Will the gel help neglect dreads lock up? Or just dreads where a starting method was used?
updated by @jamison-johnston3: 01/13/15 10:02:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the gels made to help neglect dreads start without methods take a section put a dab at the roots (dip 2 finngers in apply to roots) then wrap your hand around the section and slide down with a slight twisting motion..not to twist it tightly just twist like 1/2 to a full turn as u slide down)

for hard to dread hair it helps give it a lil start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I have been using it on certain stubborn dreadies that are extra lazy. Works nice. Good journey ahead.

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Oh also is it safe to leave it in my hair for like a week until my next wash?
Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts

I use it every other wash (once a week) right after I get out of the shower. I'll towel dry each dread individually wringing them gently from base to tip. I find this works better then just mashing it all up in the towel and squeezing as this leads to a lot of dreads combining that will need separating later on. I then add the a small amount of gel to the undreaded base and gently move it up the hair shafts toward the tips via gentle palm rolling. My dreads are maturing now so I only use it sparingly at the base. It is REALLY light, much lighter then all the other gels out there. I've tried the Jamaican Mango & Lime (way too greasy) as well as Knotty Boys (way too heavy and hard to wash out). Vicki's from the Dreadlockshampoo.com site is truly the best. It is very light and it helps but it also washes out very easily. Actually you'll hardly even notice it's there once it dries in a couple of a hours after your shower apart from the great smell. I love the Karma scent. I've never tried it on dry hair though. I think you would need to use more on dry hair as it wouldn't move along so freely up a dry knotty hair shaft.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form