Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Freaking Out!!!!

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

So I decided that I want to start my dreads over and do everything the right way this time and so I have shampooed and deeply conditioned my hair with super hot water and now started to brush and comb it out. Well in this process I have found a lot of tar in my dreads from the former rubber bands, and growing around that is mold I think. ALOT of white crusty, ALOT! So most of my dreads are hard and I am assuming thats why. I have successfully brushed out two very small dreads and lost at least half the girth of the hair from doing so. litterally it just fell out with little white specks in them, like I said, ALOT of them. So my head is full of mold, making the dreads super hard to brush out. I was thinking maybe the mold removing shapmpoo will help bc it may soften the dreads but I dont have a clue. What should I do?

updated by @jackie-turner: 01/13/15 10:02:08PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

worth a shot and yea avoid rubber bands folks! they are bad news

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
10 years ago
175 posts

Yikes I'm sorry hun. Reading that made me wanna do deep cleanse right w lol update us along the y peace an love

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

UPDATE: It wasnt mold...Thank whatever force there is.

Rude Bwoy
@rude-bwoy
10 years ago
40 posts

Was it baking soda or dandruff flakes?

I got a real issue with one of the other or both. I quit using baking soda at all. It always leaves behind white crap. (Unless its just pulling off all my dead skin and makes it appear that way.)

Once I quit being poor I might try to order some real dread shampoo or a dread bar from someone on this website and see if there is a difference.

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
10 years ago
76 posts

I'm not sure what it was. My hair was blonde when I began dreading it then I dyed it brown. I'm thinking it was the bits of blonde left in my hair that had kind of wrapped up to look like furries. The smell I had was from my shampoo. Don't stop the baking soda and acv, it's actually really good for your hair, even when not dreading. At the point that I wrote this I decided to just continue to take them out and do a better. So I have no dreads right now and still use the bs and acv at least once a month. I have also started making my own shampoos and stuff too. But I can't wait to redo my dreads. Going to let my hair grow some more and get finished with being pregnant. When you do decided to get some dread shampoo go to the dreadlocksshampoo (I think it is) and they have the bottle shampoo (which I learned that I prefer compared to the bar), and definitely try the dragon's blood scent. It was my favorite. You can also make your own which is fairly cheap. Go to amazon and get a small bottle of dr bronners mild baby soap for like $8, the mix like a teaspoon (I think, you can google it) into a bottle of water. Also mix some oils and stuff too.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form