dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New baby dreads 2 months old~

Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

Hi,

Just wanted to hello to everyone, Newbie here :) New to this whole dread process/Journey as well. This photo is a pic of my Locs in their current state. They are doing some pretty crazy things and def have a mind of their own.

I started with the backcombing method underneath part of my hair...then t n r for the remainder, All of the backcombed ones fell out, so I took them out completely and redid them with The T n R method.

I wash my hair every other day with clarifying shampoo...no wax or other products. However I have TONS AND TONS OF frizzies and loose hairs...so I used a needs and thread for 2 hours the other night and only got 1 side of my head done sewing in all those strays...needless to say, its back to the same way it was.

Is there a solution for this...and My dreads all matting together?? Everyone says rip them apart!! But it seems soooo harsh, I mean some of mine really have a lot of hairs matted together near the root.

Any help would be great advice taken here!!

Oh and Im a 34 year old small Business owner of "The Lil' Green Shak Bohemian Boutique" in Surfside Beach SC. Been married for 15 years to my soul mate we have a house full of amazing children!! I've always wanted locs and never did it....Im not getting any younger, its time to do the things I want to do and not worry about what image society "Thinks" i should hold. Thank you all and Great to be here he he h. Peace love and all that good ju ju vibez.

updated by @chandra-bailey: 02/14/15 02:28:19AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but dont sew in anything dont do the other 1/2 just dont even think aboit controlling frizz let it get better over time

2nd clarifying shampoos are the most toxic iof all and arent safe to use except every several months to remove residues

and yes you have to rip them apart if they grow together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

soaring eagle said:

welcome but dont sew in anything dont do the other 1/2 just dont even think aboit controlling frizz let it get better over time

2nd clarifying shampoos are the most toxic iof all and arent safe to use except every several months to remove residues

and yes you have to rip them apart if they grow together

Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

Hi, What is the "BEST SAFEST" way to Clean my Locks???

Thank you~

Jeremy3
@jeremy3
10 years ago
8 posts
Those are really nice for only 2 months along.
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts
Chandra, I have some roots connected for almost an inch, but not fully dreading as one so I just leave them alone. If I tried to separate, hairs might come outta the scalp, eek. So, it's probably best to do what your scalp will allow. Our first month photo will show what happens if you don't separate(a matted beaver tail). I don't know if you have a wholesale club near you, but I picked up a giant resealable bag ofbakingsoda for only $6 and it has lasted so long. It's funny that you're using a clarifying shampoo cause that's what we used(Giovanni tea tree) in the first few months and for a year before dreading. Not all c.s. are gentle, like s.e. Said... So stopping now to make sure there's no chance of gunk or chemicals left over in the "spine" of your dreads. Please continue to take timeline photos !
Heidi Jensen
@heidi-jensen
10 years ago
3 posts

Oh my gosh, your dreads are Killer!!! Stunning :))) Thanks for sharing!

Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

Thank you!

Jeremy said:

Those are really nice for only 2 months along.
Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

Wow, Thank you so much!
Heidi Jensen said:

Oh my gosh, your dreads are Killer!!! Stunning :))) Thanks for sharing!

Chandra Bailey
@chandra-bailey
10 years ago
10 posts

Updates photo of dreads...I have lost about 3" in length, I have the craziest tight LOOPS and ZIG ZAGS. I dont know if they're fixable. I've learned to "leave my hair alone"...I have to rip apart a lot of tiny hairs here and there. Im scared to palm roll, the last time I did while it was wet, all those zig zags, SUCKED UP and CINCHED up and I lost length...all my dreads are Nobby and thick at the back of my head and thin at the bottom.

I still love it, I feel FREE and I laugh at it everyday, It has a mind of its own. :) One thing I would like to be able to do is root maintenance.... Some dreads right in the front have about 4" of undreaded hair...

Thank you all so much for your kynd words! Makes me feel better however...things have changed a lot since that first pic was posted...its getting DREADY!!!!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form