Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Reducing the assault on my body

interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
So, as I have mentioned before, a few months before I began my dread journey I began clearing out my bathroom of all kinds of stuff. I have been vegitarian for ten and a half years so I am pretty used to reading ingredient list, however I had no clue where start with the products I was using daily. As my hair reacted in worse and worse ways to silicon based hair serums and my face kept breaking out more and more, I realized maybe I am going at this the wrong way..And as it turns out, I was right. I was leading a full on assault on myself on a daily baises. In an attempt to simplify and nurture my body I've been considering more what I put on it. After my fist major clean out I've been subtracting parts o my daily routines then implementing new habits one or two steps at a time. I feel this helps me narrow down what is and is not working for me.I started an oil cleansing method for my face last night. I love the results so far! I've been using ACV in the morning to tone and slightly exfoliate.Do any of you used soap free alternatives in your daily routine? Have you tried the OCM?
updated by @interrstella: 01/13/15 10:02:04PM
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
I tried once coconut oil to clean my face but started to clog my pores, so I bought some weleda cleanser that I actually use just one drop of it to wash my face and it has lasted me already quite long time. I also use that to remove makeup, but just for the eyes I use coconut oil. With that I no longer suffer from dry skin. I also use some weleda cream as moisturizer, just one tiny drop and also it last me ages. Somehow I don't dare to use acv on my face, how is it?
interrstella
@interrstella
10 years ago
41 posts
The AVC is stinky in my little bathroom but the smell goes away after a minute. I've heard both good and bad things about coconut oil but like you, I only use it to remove eye make up. For "washing my face" i use grapeseed oil mixed with a small amount of castor oil both are recommended frequently on anything I've read about ocm
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form