Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lint or build up?

Jodie Mieth
@jodie-mieth
10 years ago
7 posts
I've had my dreads just over a year now. Started with twist and rip and have just left them alone since. I wash every few days with a tea tree shampoo and make sure they dry completely by the end of the day, and separate them. My ends are all starting to dread up and I've decided I want them left out. I started combing a few of them and noticed a lot of white fuzzy stuff. Its what seems to be holding them together. I'm assuming it's just fuzzies but I want to make sure it's normal. I sleep with a wool tam on every night and I'm pretty sure that's why. Any suggestions how to get my ends combed out a little easier? And is this something that I should worry about? I've been meaning to do an ACV soak I just haven't got around to it.
updated by @jodie-mieth: 01/13/15 10:01:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

what teatree shampoo and why do u sleep with a tam on?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jodie Mieth
@jodie-mieth
10 years ago
7 posts
It's a tea tree shampoo from sprouts, Avalon organics. I forgot I also use the olive oil shampoo from the ethnic section when my scalp feels dry. But mostly I use the tea tree one. I tried the baking soda, rosemary, tea tree and lavender mix, but my dandruff got worse. I sleep with a tam on because my hair gets crazy if I sleep without it. It also keeps my hair out of my face. My dreads are short now that they shrank up. It's more comfortable to have a hat when I sleep.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

try sleeping without it and neither of those shampoos are dread appropriate im certain u got buildup do a residue remover then use just a good dread shampoo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jodie Mieth
@jodie-mieth
10 years ago
7 posts
What's the best way to get rid of residue?
Jodie Mieth
@jodie-mieth
10 years ago
7 posts
I just saw today that dreadlockshampoo.com had a new tea tree shampoo. Il probly get that one. I love their other shampoos but they didn't help my dandruff at all. I know you suggested them for me before.
Dia
@dia
10 years ago
15 posts

I have a dandruff/dry scalp problem and I bought the very same shampoo you just mentioned and it really helped for a while.

Jodie Mieth said:

I just saw today that dreadlockshampoo.com had a new tea tree shampoo. Il probly get that one. I love their other shampoos but they didn't help my dandruff at all. I know you suggested them for me before.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form