Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

MAD dandruff - Baking soda going wrong?

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
A funny thing about kids is that they're awfully honest. So, when my kid sister and her friend asked me "Z, why is there sand all over your head?", I decided to go home and see what was happening.Turns out, there was so much "sand" (aka DANDRUFF) on my head that I felt like I was that "Sand-man" monster from Spiderman. There was a beach on my head.So I asked master Google about it, and found a lot of people were writing that baking soda can cause problems due to its awful high pH (about 10), even if you do the vinegar thing afterwards. Which is weird, because there are a lot of people ALSO saying that BS did wonders for them.So I wanted to know if any of you had similar BAD experiences with baking soda, and also open up the discussion about it.Also, I read about a DIY shampoo recipe that was like, 1 part HONEY to 3 parts water. Any of you ever used that stuff? Since I can't afford to buy dreadsshampoo yet, my only other options are regular clarifying shampoo and other DIY stuff.
updated by @jose-kassai: 02/03/18 02:15:36PM
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Oh, and also - my BS ACV recipe is pretty much what SE recommends, 1 tablespoon to 1 cup water. I'm also rinsing the bs before doing the acv, as to not let them react.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

treats not the correct amount its 1 /2 per cut its a 1-10 ratio 1 cup to every 10 cups water

if its not the right ratio it will cause probs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

1 1/2 i meant ..lil over that actualy

16 tablespoons in a cit so its actualy 1.6 tablespoons

--
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
So I'm actually using too little soda? I thought only using too much was bad, not using too little... And what about the vinegar?

soaring eagle said:

1 1/2 i meant ..lil over that actualy

16 tablespoons in a cit so its actualy 1.6 tablespoons

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

no too lil wont get u clean and wont effectively remove dandruff if the dreads are mature usew same measurements as bs if not use way way less

--
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Thanks people! Thing is, I'm having far more dandruff than I've ever had... Then again, I just combed out my crochet dreads- maybe all that pulling and hurting has killed off more than just a few skin cells on my head...
Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
Valeu, allan! Esses leos, onde eu compro? Tem em SP?

allan sacca said:

resolvi meu problema de caspa e coceira com oleo essencial de tea tree e alecrim 5 gotas pingando direto no bicarbonato, e para lavar a medida de 1/10 ou meia xicara de bicarbonato para 5 medidas de agua, experiencias ms tem quem no faz direito o processo, precisa enxaguar bem o bicarbonato, depois usar uma colher de ch de vinagre de maa para 1 litro de agua

Jose Kassai
@jose-kassai
10 years ago
38 posts
So, during today's BS wash I noticed the bs kind of becomes this very thin, almost foamy layer on my scalp, which I believe must be good. The thing is that my dandruff is now forming big flakes instead of sand, so the flakes slide down my hair and get locked in the few knots I have now at the start of my little natural journey... I don't wanna comb/mess up my hair trying to get them out, but I can't leave it there - it's freaking ENORMOUS! If you ever had a fish, you can think of them as those flakes people feed fish with. I'm using 1.6 spoon per cup of bs now
TattooedLady Wendy
@tattooedlady-wendy
10 years ago
7 posts

USE DREADLOCK SHAMPOO AND SEASALT SPRAY.....

ITS THE BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE....MADE LOCALLY IN PA....ALL ORGANIC/VEGAN PRODUCTS.

DREADLOCKSHAMPOO.COM

updated by @tattooedlady-wendy: 05/29/15 03:54:16AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form