Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating question…update.

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Alright guys. I got a question for ya. The only reason I ask is because I don't trust anyone else with dread questions. I've tried to stop questioning the process. However, I need to figure out if I'm hindering progress. I'm at 6-7 months and the back of my head is just starting to so some separating. Okay so I notice that some of the sections wanna join together and thats gonna make a big dread. Like a 3 incherlol. A lot of its happening at like the nape of my neck. Anyway. I tend to pull them apart and mess with my sections a lot. I feel like I should probably just stop, and I try so hard not to mess with them at all. Should I just leave is alone, and if end up with some huge dreads maybe separate it after it has dreaded? Or is this what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm eternally grateful for advice you've given me, and advice I'll need in the future. Thanks so much. I'll add a picture of the backbut you can't really see the big sections I'm talking about. All that goes on kind of undercover of the other sections and loose hair.

I thought of another question to add to this. Is it a bad idea to TnR the natural sections? My was way shorter in the back when I first did the TnR.

updated by @shane-northern: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

untill its knotting together theres no reason to separate cause those sections may change often on thier own

its gotta b e knotting up before its worth separating (but not so knotted that its hard to separate)

if theres just hairs hangfing out together but not knotting up as 1 dread then leave it be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Awesome thank you. I think my biggest problem is when I start feeling for knotsI start picking too much. I just need to find a way to altogether forget I have hair and not touch it so much.

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

SE, do you think it would be a bad idea to TnR the back now that its longer? It was much shorter than the front when I first did it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

its up to you if you want to you can but typicaly the back should dread fastest naturally if left alone more

--
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Truehmmmm. I'm torn man. I know a lot of the action happens when you sleepand I can't sleep on my back. Lol, I try but I always end up on my side. I thought that was the problem at first but idk. If i redo it its gonna have to restart right? And theres still a chance it could fall back out again. I did one a few weeks back, its still there and seems to be doing fine though.

soaring eagle said:

its up to you if you want to you can but typicaly the back should dread fastest naturally if left alone more

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yeas u would reset progres to day 1

--
Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Eh no use in itlol, I don't really know why I thought about it. Thanks you man.

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
10 years ago
86 posts

hey man I'm also on my first dread journey, and well from what I've experienced so far the back has made lots of progress, like noticeable progress. I've always been a fetal-side style of sleeper haha, but my mattress was old and starting to give me back aches, so i threw it out and took on to the floor haha. I know it doesnt sound too comfortable, but its better than you'd think and it helps your back aches and you have to sleep straight facing forward, because other positions are just uncomfortable, but my point is that this has really helped the progress of the back of my head, got some 20+ very solid dreads at nine months. Kind of out there recommendation but, i've noticed that I've been having faster progress on the back of my head. Kind of out there advice but might help you if you had back problems haha aight luck man

Shane Northern
@shane-northern
10 years ago
59 posts

Hey thanks man. For sure not a bad idea. I may have to give it a try actually. I could see carpet helping knot up a lot too.

Jimmy DC said:

hey man I'm also on my first dread journey, and well from what I've experienced so far the back has made lots of progress, like noticeable progress. I've always been a fetal-side style of sleeper haha, but my mattress was old and starting to give me back aches, so i threw it out and took on to the floor haha. I know it doesnt sound too comfortable, but its better than you'd think and it helps your back aches and you have to sleep straight facing forward, because other positions are just uncomfortable, but my point is that this has really helped the progress of the back of my head, got some 20+ very solid dreads at nine months. Kind of out there recommendation but, i've noticed that I've been having faster progress on the back of my head. Kind of out there advice but might help you if you had back problems haha aight luck man

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form