Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Preventing lice

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I have only had my dreadies a few months. I am an avid festival goer and camper. I love hugging people and laying on the ground listening to music under the open sky. Sometimes I work at a kids camp so you see I could be easily exposed Before I carried a flea comb and just combed my hair before turning in. Now it is a different game. I start in March with Ratdog in Tenn. How do you go about preventing lice?I love being with hoopers and family's. Should I tie them up and wear a tam? Some advice would be appreciated.

updated by @casey-fay: 02/14/15 08:21:37AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

tam would help so would avoiding rat dog and anything related to the dead

teatree lemongrass citronella pepermint essential oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Oh I gather not a Dead fan ! haha Is it made into a spray adding H2O?? What would be the ratio? I go to a lot of local festivals like Nelson Ledges, the Ville, and All Good,Just happen to be in Tenn for the Grand Ole Opry and Ratdog was playing up the street so thought I catch it. .

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

my 1st dead show was on the way home from my 1st rainbow gathering the gathering was amazing mind blowing blissful after that the dead show was disgusting and since then seen some truly gross things on dead tour

compare that to these

We Love You from Jonathan Kalafer on Vimeo .

and as for the oils u can add em direct mix em with your wash or just add to a spray essential oils are very strong 5-15-30 drops or so is all you need

--
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

Thank you! I went to Dead festivals after Jerry died and you are right They could be depressing! Over excess of bad drugs and booze drowned out the great music. Phish was like that. I am so much more into the local scene where vibes are so much kinder . Made it to local drum circles but have yet to link up with local Rainbow Tribe. NORMAL is strong close to here, and have hooked up there. New music venues are opening around . with the likes of Willie Mac and Carlos Jones. So I get your view of Dead.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

strolling around dead lot ive seen 5 guys in a car i glanced in and saw 1 had his pants around his knees and was masterbating to all the girl,s walking by..same show i ran into someomew i knew since i was 15.. he was infested with lice cause he let a 14 uear old prostitute herself out of the back of his van..for tickets..i saw a guy in a wheelchair get stabbed and beaten up cause he bumped into someone causing them to drop thier nitrox baloon ive seewen ma y people selling fake drugs and everyone sellimng something so much desperatio then after the show ..trash ev erywhere a few ppl picking up trash were either rainbows..or deadheads hoping to find lost drugs

after jerry died more deadheads started showing up at gatherings..and contributing nothing (many not all some got it) but sitting on the side of the trail whinning about not being high enough and begging for drugs

and the music six complared to rainbow music

--
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

That sounds just sad on every level. Maybe someday I will make it to a Rainbow, But I was lucky enough to meet some really forward Deadheads who don't abuse anything or anyone and really contribute to making the world better. On is in my Buddhist Sangha the other works with me in the community garden. I imagine the drum circles rock at the Rainbows if it sounds like the videos you post. Oddly enough I own some Rainbows dvds I bought online maybe five or six years ago.

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

I also wanted to say one thing, if I had not gone to see Dark Star Orchestra in1999(dead tribute) I would never have become involved in the NORMAL, Food Not Bombs, Anti war, or Occupy. Being around the people who loved the Dead, opened so many doors to thinking about the world more as a loving home to share. I am grateful for all I have learned which led me here and dreads. So some good does come out of the Dead festivals.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the drum circles are mind blowing you can feel the earth beneath your feet throbbing like a heartbeat

--
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts
SE, that bit about the dude in the car made me laugh so hard... Some guys are so desperate. So sick.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form