Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dandruff questions. HELP!

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Ok so i have pretty bad dandruff, and i need to know some ways to fight it. I heard at one point that baking soda dissolves dandruff. Is this true? Also looking for ways to fight scalp itch. Likei many dandruff is pretty awful so any and all advice is appreciated
updated by @jamison-johnston3: 01/13/15 10:01:17PM
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

I don't know if it dissolves it, but it sure seems like it. Some parts of my dreads had so many flakes in them that they were rock-hard, literally. Two or three washes of the baking soda (I didn't pour it over my head, I soaked my dreads and scalp in it) and they were all gone. Definitely give it a go, and use some rosemary and tea tree oil too, both of which are meant to help. Only a few drops.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

it doesnt exactly disolve it but exfoliates turning the dead skin into a paste teatree and rosemary help dandruff pepermint for itch

stop using hot water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Ok i have the tea tree/rosemary dread bar from vicky, and it hasn't really helped that much. I usually let it soak on my hair and scalp for at leastten minutes. And ok so then willthe skin paste wash out because i have a bunch of flakes in my hair that won't come out. And what ratio should i use the bs and vinegar? At the moment i only have white vinegar
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

Yep, it'll wash out just fine, I can attest to that!

It's apple cider vinegar that you want, really, and you only need like a cap full of it, just a small amount, because it's conditioning. And don't use it the same time as the baking soda, do the baking soda first, then rinse it out, then do the apple cider vinegar.

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Ok well I'd prefer the acv, but as a minor with no money, i kinda have to use what's in the house
SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
10 years ago
58 posts

a small bottle of non raw ACV is only about 0.98(where I am anyway) so scrounge up some couch-coins and go along with your parental unit to the store and get some!

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Aw Damn umm ok for sure. I didn't realize it was that cheap. I'll have to pick some up
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

vickis should work fine if you cut out hot water with vickis soaps you dont need to let them stay in 10 min just rub on scrub a lil and rinse

if your using sea lt that may make it worse

ofcourse so can winter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form