Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I don't like the flat lumpy ones lol

SL2
@sl2
11 years ago
5 posts

So,you guys were able to help last time I posted a question so I thought I'd try again!!I've finally got some stuff going on in my hair lol but some are big.flat and lumpy...is there anything I can do to change this?If not,is there any way to prevent this in the future?Thanks!!

updated by @sl2: 01/13/15 10:00:49PM
Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Beads might help. Just put them on the area of the dread you want to round out. I wouldn't recommend palm rolling or using a crotchet hook. Palm rolling doesn't do much and crocheting is damaging.

Nicole Schaefer
@nicole-schaefer
11 years ago
70 posts

Also, there really is not any way to prevent this, as it is a natural process. Dreads will get lumpy and flat in the beginning because they need to in order to lock all the way up. they will eventually round out.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

learn to love them they are fine as is and will only get better

most wont stay flat or lumpy forever

but..the 1 that does will be your fave because its not boring and round

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadfulAmenita
@taby
11 years ago
80 posts

After a year, I had a bunch of "beaver tails" at the bottom. To round them out, I took thread the color of my hair and just strung it through a few times with a needle. It's not super tight or anything, but I'm happy with how it kind of pulled it all in. There's probably a bunch of people who would say I shouldn't have done it, but I can't see any harm.

SimpleSpiveys
@simplespiveys
11 years ago
58 posts

It is inevitable. In only 5 months, most of our lumps disappeared. From the top of ears up, I've got flat and loopy. The ears down is already round and blunted essentially. The Mr. has very uniform dreads. I guess it depends on how your hair texture is, and how you roll around in your sleep :P

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form