Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do i do from here???

Rebecca Johnson
@rebecca-johnson
11 years ago
8 posts

Hey everyone so im new to dreading but have thought about it for a long time and I decided to backcomb a couple random places in my hair but now I don't know where to go from here. ive been reading a lot of discussions but what do I do once I get new growth? I know I want to let the rest just kinda dread on its own. Would a shampoo from my local heath food store most likely be good to wash my hair with and wont disrupt the process? and do I blow dry my hair or let it air dry? What about the ends? someone give me the 101 please ! :) I kinda just jumped into it and tips/advice would be awesome!

updated by @rebecca-johnson: 02/14/15 10:07:42AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

The new hair growth will dread all by itself :) honestly, you don't have to do anything to it at all, before you know it, it'll be dreaded.

For a shampoo, make sure whatever it is, it isn't conditioning, and it doesn't leave any residue.

You can blow-dry or let it air-dry. I let mine air-dry most of the time, but if I want them to dry quicker I'll use the hairdryer out of convenience.

Anymore questions, feel free to ask :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the dreaducatuom page is a good place to start but =uea just leave it alone and let it dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rebecca Johnson
@rebecca-johnson
11 years ago
8 posts

thank yall .. I became a hoop dancer a year ago and that journey has led me to great places so im excited to see what this journey does.

Rebecca Johnson
@rebecca-johnson
11 years ago
8 posts

I know backcombing isn't the best but I figure maybe it'll encourage the rest of my hair!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hooping will encourage it to dread

--
Rebecca Johnson
@rebecca-johnson
11 years ago
8 posts

really??

soaring eagle said:

hooping will encourage it to dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

sure..movement..

--
Rebecca Johnson
@rebecca-johnson
11 years ago
8 posts

well then I should be anice road to dreads then because I hoop EVERY DAY! its my meditation.

soaring eagle said:

sure..movement..

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form