Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What kind of Dr Bronners bar soap should i get?

Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
So ive decided to go with bar soap because im not really trying to dilute any shampoo in water etc. Is this an okay decision or is using diluted shampoo a much better option?

If it is okay what bar should i get? Are they all the same when it comes to their cleaning properties or are their some i should stay away from?

thanks - Pwntus

updated by @pwntus: 02/14/15 05:42:20AM
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
I just use the baking soda wash followed by a vinegar rinse. It works really well, you should consider it :) I find that any kind of soap leaves a nasty residue on my head.
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
if your gonna use the bar get the tea tree one cause bugs hate teatree but you dont really have to dilute the bronners liquid just use a drop or 2. thats the way ive used it for years.
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
What Em said!!!!!
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
Thanks for the replies guys =D. So when my bar finally arrives how do i go about washing my hair? Do IA) Rub the bar directly against my hair?B) Lather up some suds in my hand and then apply it to my hair?
Kellye
@kellye
14 years ago
91 posts
i would think just rub it against your head but i've never used the bar... try several things see what works best/ your comfortable with the most
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
just lather it up in your hands. try to get you rscalp nice and clean then when you rinse it the soapy water will run through the dreads and clean em :)
Pwntus
@pwntus
14 years ago
47 posts
dreadyEm said:
just lather it up in your hands. try to get you rscalp nice and clean then when you rinse it the soapy water will run through the dreads and clean em :)
That just sounded nice =DThanks again for the replies guys
savage
@savage
14 years ago
90 posts
i had some bad experiences with dr bonner lavender bar.but im in cali water is different
Raven Renee
@raven-renee
14 years ago
10 posts
Tea Tree works very well and smells amazing. I usually rub the bar in my hands, then cup my hands so I water it down just a bit then splash it on my head; It's easier than diluting the liquid soap. By directly rubbing it on your head you are at a higher risk of leaving some in. Just always be sure that every single bit is completely rinsed. :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form