Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Long loose hairs

Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
11 years ago
12 posts
Hello all! My dreads are brand new babies. I did twist and rip to get them started and now I plan on letting them do their own thing. I am just concerned about some super long loose hairs that worked themselves out of the dreads. They are probably 5 inches long (my dreads are chest length). My concerns are twofold --1. I have a six month old daughter and she likes to grab them and they break off. That can't be good for the dread?2. I worry they will be too long to work themselves in eventually.I also worry that my husband's family will give me crap over the holidays but I'm trying to let go of that one!(Photo just trying to give an idea of how long some of them are...)
updated by @elizabeth-miller: 02/14/15 09:40:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the hairs are fine but is that dread as massive as it looks?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea that dread looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big

if all of them re that big i bet you only have like 6 dreads?

--
Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
11 years ago
12 posts
Naw -- it's an optical illusion from all the loose hairs. My hair is stick straight and so I have this ridiculous halo of ends that make them look five times the size they actually are. Not worried about those though, I'm sure they will work themselves out eventually. Thank you!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how big are they at the bases and how many are there total

--
Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
11 years ago
12 posts
By bases do you mean the area the hair came from or the width of the dreaded part? Sorry for my ignorance!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the area of scalp the hair comes from

--
Elizabeth Miller
@elizabeth-miller
11 years ago
12 posts
They aren't all uniform by probably 3/4 of an inch minimum and 1 1/2 inches max. I have 28 I think.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

typicaly 1 inch is the max i want

28 isnt bad idf u like thick dreads but thick dreads are a pain to take care of

--
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Yes, thick dreads are a pain. Most of mine are thick-ish and they take 8-12 hours to dry, and remember that you can't really sleep on damp dreads or it could increase the risk of getting mold. So if you're not willing to deal with that hassle, I'd suggest splitting a few in half while they're still young, but if you're OK with it, go for it.

Anyway, as for the loose hair, it'll rejoin the dread or it'll stay out of the dread, and then more loose hairs will join it and it'll form its own dread :) so don't worry.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form