Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I need some help with wrapping my dreads. They are very lumpy and bumpy, and I have been trying to wrap with colored unpolished (I think) hemp. Every time I wrap one it unravels out within the hour. I really like the wrapped look and I herd it can help smooth out lumps. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

updated by @jackie-turner: 01/13/15 10:00:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

dont wrap to smooth out lumps lumps are fine and look awesome but if you want to wrap to decorate use the knotted type wrap search youtube for chinese staircase thats 1 type knot u can do a double 1 for a double spiral or reverse directions each wrap for a straight ridge etc

the knotted kind can last years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

is hemp an ok fiber to wrap dreads with long term? I thought I heard that it can mold pretty easily...

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Yes Spencer...hemp is great to wrap dreads in. I have left hemp wraps in my hair for over a year at a time. I do the x type wrap with hemp.

Spencer Mcduffy said:

is hemp an ok fiber to wrap dreads with long term? I thought I heard that it can mold pretty easily...

Jackie Turner
@jackie-turner
11 years ago
76 posts

I have done it but it seems to tangle in easily though. once it goes in its really hard to get out lol

Mahesa Wong Anabrang
@mahesa-wong-anabrang
10 years ago
16 posts

ok so from what ive read in the forums , it seems that hemp wraps are the way to go . unfortunately i cant get my hands on them. soooo what would be the next best thing ?

acrylic yarn or embroidery thread? and how would they hold up against mold and mildew and stuff like that.

Yes Spencer...hemp is great to wrap dreads in. I have left hemp wraps in my hair for over a year at a time. I do the x type wrap with hemp.

Spencer Mcduffy said:

taye
@taye
10 years ago
833 posts

Mahesa Wong Anabrang said:

acrylic yarn or embroidery thread? and how would they hold up against mold and mildew and stuff like that.

Embroidery thread. I make one or two wraps a year with it. Color lasts forever!! and I have never had problems with mold. It does take a little longer to dry then hemp but, not much longer.

Mahesa Wong Anabrang
@mahesa-wong-anabrang
10 years ago
16 posts

thank you so much!

taye said:

Mahesa Wong Anabrang said:

Embroidery thread. I make one or two wraps a year with it. Color lasts forever!! and I have never had problems with mold. It does take a little longer to dry then hemp but, not much longer.

Amy Wilbur
@amy-wilbur
10 years ago
3 posts

Would wrapping help dreads form?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form