Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

flat pancake looking dreads... coming up 5 months old! :)

Tanky T..
@tanky-t
11 years ago
17 posts

hey guys,

My dreads are doing awesome! they are moving freaking out all over the place and im loving it. the only question is about the flatness of most of my best progress dreads. I used to have hair down to nearly my bum and certain dreads have shrunk up until my shoulders so far. They are all extremely flat with a lot of space between the root (which im sure will just take time to lock up), its the flatness that's driving me mad! i am also aware that with time they will round out and do their thing but some haven't changed for a few months now. Is there anything i can do to help the rounding process? I have put my first bead on one today and will add some more now but should i sit the beads over the flat chunky part of the dread?

would really appreciate some advice :)

ill upload some pics to to give everyone a better idea of what's going on... 20131214100607870.jpg 20131214100611117.jpg

updated by @tanky-t: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they are awesome..why would u want them to change

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tanky T..
@tanky-t
11 years ago
17 posts

Your right, they are awesome!! haha..

i do very much love them, but was just wondering if when i put beads on them do i sit them over the chunky part? or will that constrict too much? also if i wanted to put wraps over them, being that they are super flat, ill have to squish them to be more rounded and will that do any damage?

soaring eagle said:

they are awesome..why would u want them to change

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

no its fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts

Well some of my dreads are flattening so I know how your feel but in your case they are still too young, so you don't even have to put on a bead. Just wash your hair more often if you wish, due to my hair type, most of the hair movement is when I wash it as my ahir type is not the kind to just wave each strand independently with the wind.

So my advice would be to just let them be and if you want to help them move around then wash your hair every other day or at least 3 times per week.

To answer your question, on more mature dreads you could just wrap them with wool or use the sleeve beads to keep a round shape on certain areas.

Tanky T..
@tanky-t
11 years ago
17 posts

thanks guy! i know they are still young babies so im not overly concerned. Its actually all happening heaps quicker than expected as i have very straight and flowing hair. iv just popped some beads in today (just because i can really) lol, but ill keep updated on my progress. im sure all they need is time.

Thanks!

Casey Fay
@casey-fay
11 years ago
90 posts

I am so glad I looked at your post. I woke up today feeling less than beautiful. My hair looks wild and unkept. Lots of flat wiggly dreadies and tons of fly away hair. Looks bad. Then I saw your post and yours looks like mine andyour's ARE beautiful. Saw mine different. Feel much more sane. Keep postin Looking forward to more pics.

Tanky T..
@tanky-t
11 years ago
17 posts

hey sorry about the late reply, i dont get on the internet much, or try not to anyway!

wow im happy i could finally help someone else with my dreads, im usually the one eyeing off everyone elses for motivation.. Ill keep posting pics :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form