Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I hate the smell of just hair

Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
Okay so I use dawn soap because I live in a little town and I'm the only one with dreadlocks here and I don't want to order shampoo because its to expensive! So that means it leaves me with no smelly good stuff in my dreads and I don't have essential oils and that goes the same for the shampoo thing and so is there any way i can make some oil or anything else I can use? Please help!
updated by @bode-shackelford: 01/13/15 10:00:06PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Have you tried rinsing your hair with tea? Heard of a few people here who do that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its not that expensive and smells awesome id reallly recomend u at least try it

u can use scented oils but they are oily and may buildup or prevent progress (slightly)

i would absolutelu recomend the shampoo over dawn

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
I've looked at shampoos and they all seem overprice but I will look again! Thank you for the answers
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com they smell awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

You could make some tea from a native plant in your area, or rose water. There are always alternatives, one of them is that you change your mind.

peace.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

This is a recipe for cinnamon essential oil. http://www.ehow.com/how_4995421_make-essential-cinnamon-oil-ease.html I just picked it because It is the holidays and the holidays remind me of cinnamon :)

Essential oils are easy to acquire and a small bottle can last for many years. They are very concentrated. It is worth picking up one or two at your local health food store or online.

You can add a few drops to the dawn detergent to give it a smell or you can put a few drops on your palm and rub your hands together then rub your palms through your dreads. Don't overuse it because it can keep your dreads from knotting or it could leave residue.

My big question though is why do you hate the smell of just hair? Unless it is dirty or it has soaked up other smells in the air ( like cigarette smoke or grilled onions, that kind of stuff) there should not be a smell to hate. If there is a wet dog smell, a dirty wet, soured towel smell or a musty smell... that is an issue that needs to be dealt with. That is mold and/or mildew. No shampoo smell in the world can cover that. It can cause dread rot which is very bad.

Bode Shackelford
@bode-shackelford
11 years ago
14 posts
No it's not mold or anything it's that dawn leaves no smell so like my hair over a day or two picks up just like a bunch of stuff (smell wise) and it just leaves this like old hair smell and I don't like it! Thank you for all the Replies!
Trisha Butler
@trisha-butler
11 years ago
5 posts
Break down and order a bar of soap from bucks county. They are ten bucks, but the bars are big. I swear by their products and learned about them from this forum. :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form