Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Shampoo: Bar or Liquid?

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

I'm about to order some shampoo from Dreadlocks Shampoo. Bar or liquid, which is better? Does it make a difference? I don't have a full head of dreads because of my job. have them throughout my hair though. Not sure if that makes a difference so I figured I would mention that.

Thanks!

updated by @rain-gnome: 01/13/15 10:00:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

bars for mature (or safrican) dreads liquid for young dreads the bars i think are healthier easier to rinse etc but the liquid makes u knot up like crazy

i never really separate my dreads hardly at all l\ast 5 or so years but everytime i use the liquid (like today couldsnt find the bars) i have to separate most of them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts

Awesome! Thanks! I'll order the liquid then. My dread are very young.

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

liquid locks and makes dreads like crazy, bars are for 4+ month dreads I'd say :) although I started with bars and it was fine, just what you prefer to use really!

Doogie
@doogie
11 years ago
321 posts

I've been sticking with the liquid since I have so many loose hairs after 2yrs and the new growth. I have noticed that with some of the loose hair/new growth I am starting to see a few baby dreads so I guess it all depends on what you like.

Rain Gnome
@rain-gnome
11 years ago
19 posts
I like the added benefit of the liquid helping to lock. I have such fine hair so it likes to try to untangle even just from water.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form