Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread A&E Needed!! Im halfway through combing my locks!! HELP!!

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
11 years ago
91 posts

So guys... 1st to set the scene of where i have been for the past few days.

Reason for combing: Purely practical, Im starting working at a hospital as a nursing assistant. Working days, nights weekends ect. Full time hours. So I was thinking as from previous health care work that the 1st thing I wanted to do after finishing work is to have a shower and wash my hair. So finishing a night shift washing dreads that take 3-4+ hrs to dry even if a hair dryer is used. aint gonna be good for me or them when I wanna come home and sleep. So i started the comb out!!

3 days ago. Its taking a loooong time. I have 48 dreads. I still have 30 left. and Ive hit the WHAT THE HECK HAVE A DONE!!! I LOOOVE MY DREADS!! I have combed out the whole back bottom section and part of the side and the front few dreads but I still have a far chunk of them left :D

What to do now!.... I feel like a need to sort the practical issue of drying my dreads quickly and effectively after a shift (any ideas friends?)

I may have already screwed the remaining guys up as I have had a nourishing and conditioning hair treatment left in my dreads for the past 3 days to help comb out.

Maybe I just rock this hair hair half dread look for a while!

updated by @christina-popejoy: 01/13/15 10:00:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you dont need to wash your hair after every shift you wear something covering it anytime theres a chance of blood (or other bodsily fliiuds) splattering so just wash the hair twice a week and your fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you were pretty far into dreading too and they looked absolutely amazing

i would stop now

u never should have started without thinking it through for a good long time..like a couple months

--
Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts
Could you just wash B4 you go to work , dry by the time you get home
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
11 years ago
91 posts

So thankyou all for comments so far! So I carried on combing! Its been a very odd transition to life without dreads! But really meaningful! So 1stly It took 4 days of around 20-12 hours a day of combing. I did loose ALOT of hair but thats ok as it was almost 2 years of dreaded hair up there! My hair now is OK although super thin!

So i've settled into my new job! ITs going great! and tonight I decided to try a experiement to not wash my hair and see how I feel! I showered and feel good and not washed my hair!

So I think I may in the not to distant begin dreading again, once my hair has grown and little and I've gotten in back into good shape after the dreaded comb out! If/ when I do dread again. I may go natural or twist and rip! I saw another member of staff with awesome dreads piled up on his head like a crown of glory above his scrubs!! i wanted to stop him right there and be like howwwwwwww!! I literally feel goss withouht washing after everyshift, BUT I dont wanna be such a germ phobe. after all dreads are about letting go, discovereing freedom and developing patience and trusting the process right?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i am possiteive you will be dreading again and soon and cany wait to see the new set progress

--
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
11 years ago
91 posts

Thanks SE for all your comments, encouragements and positivity throughtout my last set and in preperations for the inevitable new set! Tbh I kinda excited to start the journey again one day soon. And this time withought the backcombing it will be interested to see how it goes! Peace.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

im excited to see it ;)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form