Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wet Hair

Alex Jackson
@alex-jackson
11 years ago
5 posts

I am in the process of naturally dreading my hair. I've started yesterday, my hair is about 3 inches long and is curly/straight. I'm not really worried about if it's going to dread or not but I have a question about wetting my hair. I take showers everyday (surprise lol) because when I wake up one side and the back of my head are flat from sleeping. I run water through my head and just shake it out and air dry... Will my hair still form natural dreads if I just wash twice a week and just get my hair wet everyday if not almost every? Just curious! Thank you!

updated by @alex-jackson: 01/13/15 09:59:59PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

it shouldn't slow the process because washing helps knot but as they form up it will take longer to dry & you don't want to be going to bed with a wet head or putting wet dreads in a tam because the risk of mold so once they start forming up i'd space it out more

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wetting will help it dread (once its longer) but as ex said once dreaded it can take forever to dry so wetting daily is a rusk

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alex Jackson
@alex-jackson
11 years ago
5 posts
Okay thank you both! I was worried that it would slow the process but I'm relieved to see it will help in the beginning. Eventually I'll not get my hair wet but until then thank you both for answering my question! I am sure more will come in time lol!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form