Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair dye!!

Jessica Owens
@jessica-owens
11 years ago
23 posts

How long do you have to wait to dye your dreads?

updated by @jessica-owens: 01/13/15 09:59:44PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

You can dye them at any time, but I've been told that some dyes have conditioner in them, so you'd do better to get one without a conditioner if your dreads are still young-ish.

Jessica Owens
@jessica-owens
11 years ago
23 posts

Oh cool! That makes me excited. I thought I had to wait until they were a bit more mature. Thank you :)

Carlina
@carlina
11 years ago
9 posts

I bleached/dyed my hair right before I stopped brushing. I waited about 2 1/2 months before re-dying just to try to allow some knots to form. Whatever you do, just make sure you rinse the dye out really well.

Jessica Owens
@jessica-owens
11 years ago
23 posts

Okay. I will. Im thinkin about redish orange and purple :) Thank you for the input though :)

Carlina said:

I bleached/dyed my hair right before I stopped brushing. I waited about 2 1/2 months before re-dying just to try to allow some knots to form. Whatever you do, just make sure you rinse the dye out really well.

Sunflower
@sunflower
11 years ago
95 posts

go for it whenever :) I bleached mine in the first 3 months, and right now I have pink and purple hair :) that stuff has conditioner in it so I suggest if you want crazy colors wait until your dreads are around 9 months and a bit locked up :) I love dying my dreads, they feel so soft afterwards! but make sure to get all of the dye out, having that stuff sit inside is really bad

Jessica Owens
@jessica-owens
11 years ago
23 posts

Ok ^_^ I cant imagine washing hair dye out of dreads, it takes forever to get it out of my hair in general, must be a pain in the butt, but im willing to do it :)

Sunflower said:

go for it whenever :) I bleached mine in the first 3 months, and right now I have pink and purple hair :) that stuff has conditioner in it so I suggest if you want crazy colors wait until your dreads are around 9 months and a bit locked up :) I love dying my dreads, they feel so soft afterwards! but make sure to get all of the dye out, having that stuff sit inside is really bad

Carlina
@carlina
11 years ago
9 posts

If you do red orange and purple you will have to be extra careful when washing your hair too. The purple color can bleed onto the orange or red.

Jessica Owens
@jessica-owens
11 years ago
23 posts
Id put the purple underneath :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form