Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Annoying!

Graciela Moreno
@graciela-moreno
11 years ago
16 posts

I've had dreads on and off for the past 3 or 4 years ...(now they're here to stay for good)
I love my locks, I do it because I believe in living a natural life style, I do it for the journey, it's a way to free myself from society's idea of beauty,I do it because I think they're beautiful..I've never felt so free !

I've always been so insecure... but since I've had dreads, it, in a
way, was a conversation starter, I've made new friends.. I think it's somewhat amusing
getting looks of curiosity here and there by strangers.

About two years ago, I dated this guy for a while...and he completely hated my locks :(
and how stupid of me ... i got rid of them for him. (it was a little too late to realize how messed up that was...but got my dreads back as soon as I left him)
And still today ! I have guys telling me, I would look more beautiful without my locks..
IT'S VERY VERY ANNOYING .

Sometimes it gets to me.. I don't feel so confident .. but I KNOW for a fact,
I will not get rid of my locks what so ever, especially for a guy... a guy that doesn't like me for who
I am. Regardless, looks shouldn't matter but my dreads are a part of me.

And when they put me down.. I sit and think. Think about how my
dreads reveal the ugly in other people. I get judged.. I'm not accepted..I get disrespected..
and at the end of the day.. I shrug it off. My dreads are like a filter, it helps me detect the ones who are
kind and open-minded ...and detect the ones who judge me for my appearance rather than whats inside - the type of negative people, I shouldn't surround myself with.

Just had to get it off my chest..

updated by @graciela-moreno: 01/13/15 09:59:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your absolutely gorgouse dreads or no dreads id date ya in a heartbeat but your right yoir dreads are a folter and will repel the negativity while attracting possitivity and openmindednes

never change who you are only who yoir with

you can always find someone better but you cant feel better about yourself if your not truly you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
thetetlove
@thetetlove
11 years ago
16 posts

I love you so much sista:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form