dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gray Hairs

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts

Hello :)

About a month ago I noticed a few wiry gray hairs in one of my baby dreads. I picked them out, which caused the baby dread to unravel a bit, and didn't worry about it. Well now I have been noticing more gray hairs in a few baby dreads. They're not noticeable by anyone but me, and are very short. It's not lint; definitely gray hairs. I am only 18, and the dreads with gray hairs were twist and ripped. I use do not use wax or any product, and the only maintenance is separating and washing. Could this simply be the old hair shedding?

updated by @meg5: 02/15/15 05:33:32AM
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

Have any pets? I pull some of my cats hair out of my hair all the time lmao. I actually am 18 and already have one noticeable gray hair(I may even have more I haven't caught onto yet) lol.. But yeah, do you hang out with anyone who has any animals or do you have one yourself? If not, there is a chance that they are just the shedding hair.

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts
I didn't even think of that! (: I do have pets so that could be a possibility! I just want to make sure I'm not damaging the hair somehow. Thank you for your help!
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

Yeah, I freaked out a bit when I started pulling my cats hair out of my hair at first lol.. Was trying to find out why I had tiny gray hairs coming out of my hair hahaha.

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts
Haha! Does your cat have gray hair? Mine has red fur and hides in the basement all day so it might not be my cat :p
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

Well see, the thing is, my cats both have very small amounts of gray hair, but even sometimes their darker hair can seem lighter when it is one or 2 strands. If it isn't your cat it could be hair that has shed.. What do you wash with? :D

Meg5
@meg5
11 years ago
55 posts
Awh your cats sound beautiful (: would ot be a problem if it is my hair shedding? If its just apart of the process then I'm fine with that :) I wash my hair with my friend's handmade soap. All natural products and she also washes her dreads with her soap.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

my moms dyed her hair nonstop from age 16 cause she found a grey hair at 16

its possible to get 1 or 2 much younger then expected its no big deal

i was finding greys in my beard in my 20s

wether its a cat or not dont matter its fine there

u said nobody could notice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

You know, I'm not really sure what it would mean if your hair was shedding and turning gray.. Unless it was gray before it shed.. Does your scalp feel particularly dry or oily? Also, do you know what is in the soap/shampoo?(everyone reacts differently to different things :P) Much love and peace to you! :D

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
11 years ago
170 posts

Also, are the gray hairs strong, or do they fall apart really easy(like, by simply rubbing them in your hand)? It still seems like a pet/animal may be the culprit lol, but I am not really sure considering what you said.. Cat hair does tend to spread like allll over the house the cat is in lol. Also, like I said, if you have any friends who have any animals, you could be getting that fur/hair in yours.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form