Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help me save my baby locs before it's too late

Oh Riza
@oh-riza
11 years ago
3 posts
So basically iStarted my baby dreads comb twist/fingertwist couple days ago on Friday. iUsed the black beeswax whitch iHeard isn't good for the hair to start off and I'm kinda believing it. So now it's all dire up on my hair nd some baby locs flaky at the roots or whatever nd some of the twist looks white due to the girl iHad do them iGuess she used to much I'm guessing . But iJust want to know is there way iCan fix this before it gets too late . Should iJust get them retwisted with something else , take em out if iCan and start over ? Or any products can use to help it get better or take it out . Right now I'm currently using Jamaican Mango lime no more itch gro spray on it . Also carrot growth sheen spray & spritz at times . iHeard it's good to use tea tree oil and water in a spray bottle , is that true ? If so how should iMix it ? Thanks for any answers or tips and advice . iWas also wondering if iShould just get em retwist with another product such as . . . ?
updated by @oh-riza: 01/13/15 09:59:11PM
Rafael Rodriguez
@rafael-rodriguez
11 years ago
41 posts
Wash your hair. If you don't want to go full neglect then wash weekly, retwist every other week and stop using so much products, it just adds to build up.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you shouldnt retwist at all..period

retwisting leads directly to balding

no wax should ever touch dreads..period (again if i come off as harsh or agressive or angry believe me its focused on the person that did this to you..not you)

unfortunatly your best option is to start over..wax is pure evil in dreads..if you paid her demand a refund and donate part at least to this site (read my recent post as to why we neede it in short..to prevent people from making the mistakes you made)

if your not wuilling to start over then www.dreadlockshampoo.com not only makes the best shampoo but makes wax b gone

unfortunately the wax removal process wont be easy and will most likely be like starting over

i wouldnt use all that other stuff either

if you wash regularly with a good dread shampoo then they shouldnt itch (at 1st might some as u adjust)

if you start over

theres no need to twist to start you can just let it dread naturally (freeform) this is by far the best option

but if your not willing to dread naturally then twist once and once only

use nothing

if anything pure aloe straigyt from the plant

nothing at all designed to "hold"

never retwist

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

retwist every other week? that will make him bald in no time you should never retwist!

heres why watch this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tightening-dreads-locs-roots-dangers

thats what twisting every other week leads to

and he should use no produts..and must remove the wax right away

Rafael Rodriguez said:

Wash your hair. If you don't want to go full neglect then wash weekly, retwist every other week and stop using so much products, it just adds to build up.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Snilla
@snilla
11 years ago
9 posts

Hey!

I suggest you stop using any products, for example the "Jamaican Mango & Lime No more itch gro spray" list these ingredients: "Deionized Water , Mineral Oil , Olive Oil (Olea Europaea Oil) , glycerin , Polyquaternium 32 , propylene glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , fragrance" and those are stuffs I wouldn't want to put in my hair - especially if you wash with a schampoo that is SLS-free you WON'T be able to get the mineral oil out of your hair.

This also holds true for the Carrot-spray - mineral oil :3

As SE suggests it's probably better to start over with CLEAN hair free from any products! With your hairtype freeform dreads will be totally wild and awesome:)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form