Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Could dreads be in my future?

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

I first started dreads May this year but after a few months I decided to take them out because at the time I was looking for a job and I wasn't having much luck with 'normal hair' and didn't want something else to prevent me from finding something.

Anyway, I finally found a job and my boss is fine with my piercings so I'm sure he would be ok with me growing dreads. The thing is my job involves working with powder ingredients and by the end of the day I'm covered, includingmy hair. The job is very physical as well so when I sweat it mixes with the powder in my hair and goes stiff - not something you would want stuck in dreads. And even though there is the option of washing my hair every day, its not something I want to do, wouldn't bevery practical when the dreads matureand it most likely wouldn't get all the powder out of them.

So with that in mind, do you think dreads are an option for me?

updated by @hannah-moore: 01/13/15 09:59:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

whats the powder most shouldnt be hard to get out

you can wrap them up in satin that should keep most of the powder out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

There's a lot of different powders I work for a company that makes sports supplements so like.. whey protein, milk protein, MCT, dextrose, flavourings... loads of different stuff.

The satin wrap sounds like a good idea but might get a bit hot in the summer, its almost winter here and I'm sweating with the work cant imagine what its gonna be like in summer!

soaring eagle said:

whats the powder most shouldnt be hard to get out

you can wrap them up in satin that should keep most of the powder out

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wrapping it up keeping them up off your neck will keep you cooler..even in a wool tam

when its real hot ill stick a few ice cubes up in there let em melt over my scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form