Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Rainbow Fortune's tnr/neglect timeline - 10 days update

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
11 years ago
123 posts

Since this is my third set, I am basically all set up and know a lot about what to do and what not to do, and what to expect. I decided to make a timeline this time round, so I would be able to come here and see my progress when I start having bad days.

Here's my hair before dreading. As you can see, it is extremely straight and silky naturally.

Here are the two dreads I kept from the previous set, they are 2 years and 2 months old now.

And here is my hair now. I did some tnr, but I basically half-assed it, since I know it will fall apart anyways, and I just wanted to give it some knots to start with, given that my hair is so soft and dreads slowly. It took me about 3 hours to do my whole head, or less. I am only keeping the front untangled for now, so I have something to look somewhat okay while the rest does the hot-mess thing it is bound to do for the next year or two.

I plan on updating this thread once a month, unless something big happens in the mean time, which it surely won't for the next 6 - 8 months. :) That's the benefit of dreading for the third time, by now I know exactly that will happen with my hair and don't expect to have a full head of mature dreads in a blink of an eye. :)

10 days update

I know I said that nothing will happen for months, but it did! For the first time ever (this is my third set) I have visible shrinkage! I was just getting ready to take my dog out for a walk when I looked at the mirror and saw this. I am beyond excited! :D And the funny thing is - that is not even the side I sleep on! :D

Here is a photo, ignore my exhausted face, I got up 35 hours ago... :)

updated by @rainbow-fortune: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

cant wait to see progress :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
11 years ago
123 posts

10 day update posted - my hair threw me a little surprise. :)

Ashley Hendren
@ashley-hendren
11 years ago
6 posts
It looks great!
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
11 years ago
123 posts

Cody Marshall
@cody-marshall
11 years ago