Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to Forum. Dreadlocks for 2 years and 8 months. They are my true love.

Triúnn Mæginbiarnarson
@trinn-maeginbiarnarson
11 years ago
4 posts

So there I was at work, like I did on any other day. A regular customer walked in who up till this point had dreads to the middle of his ass. Only today when he walked in he was bald. I was in shocked disbelief, I loved his hair, and having had long hair for 14 years I could hardly understand why he chose to cut it all off. After some short talking he told me why, although he wasn't very clear, and I barely remember what his choice was but it got me thinking. I had thought of dreadlocks in passing but never gave it much though. I didn't know anyone with them, and when I put them in, really still didn't other then him.

After a few days, I decided I wanted to make the plunge before I changed my mind. I needed something in my life that would be a journey, and with is what I chose.

Anyway's here is a few before photos.

Anyways, the first thing you all probably see is my hobby, then the hair... but that is beside the point. :)

Here are a few after and now pictures of me with my dreadlocks. :) I am placing them in order of earliest to latest so you can see how the dreadlocks have progressed over time.

Anyways... These are my dreads. They make me so happy and have started many great conversations. I love when people ask me questions, and when they randomly grope them. They are my strength and give me passion. I couldn't imagine any day without these beautiful ropes. :) If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

My name is Michael, but I am also known as TrinnMginbiarnarson.

updated by @trinn-maeginbiarnarson: 01/13/15 09:58:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well you used crochet on them so your strength will get weaken ed everytime the hook passed through them

crochet is 1 of the worse things you can do to dreads

if done only once to start it takes 6 months to recover and even begin to dread

if done over and over the damage gets extreme

i have a feeling you still crochet?

you can see stiffness in them thats caused by the crochet

you have got to throw the hook away and let them rwecover

if you did only crochet once you can see how long the recovery takes since they stull havent lost that crochetted look completely even after 2 years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

They look awesome man! And you have some coolhobbies, haha.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

Beautiful Dreads!

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

cool welcome. ur locks r nice! peace b with u

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Beautiful man with beautiful locks :) Question though....would that be considered plate or mail? I am guessing mail. I see that it is attached to leather but it isn't exactly links....so I could be wrong :)

Triúnn Mæginbiarnarson
@trinn-maeginbiarnarson
11 years ago
4 posts

Taye, to answer your question. The chest piece would be called Lamellar. The forearm/elbow pieces are called Bazubands. This was a HUGE part of my life and really still is.... I have not been active but about 2 or 3 times in the past 2 years due to a personal issue and needing to step back, and the fact that I injured my shoulder. I am now in a place in my life that I can almost start participating again and I am excited, I love doing what I do.

I am a member of the S.C.A.(Society for Creative Anachronism.) It's a Non-profit dedicated to the education, recreation, and in some instances the living of all cultures pre-16th century. I chose the Vikings and even created a persona like most of us in the SCA do. It is NOT a LARP group this is as close to realistic as you can get without actually living it. Consider this to be the medieval version of Civil War Reenactors. :) Anyways if you want to check it out there are groups all over the world. Www.Sca.Org we also do things within the arts and sciences. I have learned how to build armor, brew, make chain-mail, how to sew, and MUCH MUCH more. Aside from my locks, this is another PASSION of mine. Anyways enough of that rant of love.

Thank you everyone else for your comments and compliments! And Soaring Eagle, I put away the needle and won't be seeing it again thank you for all your help and suggestions in Knotty Chat. I really hope to develop some good friendships from this site... ^_^

Your's in service

Trinn Mginbiarnarson

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Im glad that you've stopped crocheting! They will heal nicely. :)

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I attended a S.C.A. event many years ago. I was commissioned to make goblets for it and was curious to see what went on. Although I do not claim to know everything about the group, I did enjoy myself. Apparently I am in Nant Y Derwyddon in the Kingdom of Meridies. I just looked it up. Apparently it is not very active. The last event was in August.

When I attended there was an active group at the University. I have seen nor heard anything about them in years. Which is very sad.

Triúnn Mæginbiarnarson
@trinn-maeginbiarnarson
11 years ago
4 posts

From my understanding it is an active group. Groups themselves host event's for the Kingdom of Meridies so maybe their last hosted event was in August, but the Kingdom of Meridies is a very active kingdom, I should know since I am part of that Kingdom. I was very active in the group of Redewolfden. I am now living back in Loch An Frioch were I had originally heard of and seen the SCA. I know many of the individuals from Loch An Frioch from before I even joined the SCA.

Here is the FB page for Nant Y Derwyddon: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8465688733/?ref=br_tf

Here is there webpage: http://nant-y-derwyddon.com/

Here is the FB page for Meridies: https://www.facebook.com/groups/meridies/

Here is Meridies main webpage: http://www.kingdom.meridies.org/index.php

You can see the event calender to the right, and that there is an event being held every weekend in the month of October. :))

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form