Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

are my bangs causing issues with "locking"?

Nicole V.
@nicole-v
11 years ago
4 posts
I've been growing dreads now for about 7 months. I decided from the beginning to keep my bangs trimmed and combed.The rest I've let nature do it's thing, and for the most part it's going great. I use Dr. Bronners all one soap to shampoo about twice a week. Separate when needed.The problem I'm having is the front couple of inches of hair on both sides of my hair next to my bangs is being really resistant to knotting. I am careful when "combing" my bangs, and I just use my fingers anyhow. Is this possibly keeping the surrounding hair from dreading? It seems like one side of my head has dreaded faster than the other, and overall I've noticed a pattern of dreads that started grim the beck of my head and moved forward. Is it normal to just have the front part of the hair dread last?
updated by @nicole-v: 01/13/15 09:58:29PM
ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

I too am keeping my bangs from dreading....well kinda. Since I started dreading (just over 5 months) I have stopped brushing my bangs and just let them do the ringlet thing but do check every now and then to make sure they aren't dreading. As much as I love dreads I need something to cover my forehead. Lol. So far I haven't had to worry...no knots. The sides of my hair haven't been dreading like the rest of my hair neither. From all the other posts and comments I've read I assume this is normal. I put in a couple of beads on my side hair, close to my face and it did help start a couple of little dreads but I took them all out to deep clean my hair and have noticed the knots falling out. Just from the sides. I thought that was kinda strange. I also read that 1 side will dread faster depending on how you lay and sleep. I hope this helped some. Happy Dreading!!

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Yep, it was the same way for me before I dreaded my bangs. Nothing to worry about. Sounds like Brandi has a good idea there. :)

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

hi

i think u worry too much lol i think the bang dread look like urs is cute on some people, an wen u tie them back the bangs an lil few peices un dreaded around the edges is even more natural look its pretty mess hahaa so dont worry of it if u really wanted to u could tnr those peices loose that r bothering u, an b careful to separate them with a head wrap type headband just wen brushing ur bangs, that way those peices will b back with rest of dreads first, happy dreading peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,639 posts

its totaly typical for it o dread just like that

the front almost always dreads last

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form