Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Odd roots. No so random different sections.

Rudy Freeman
@rudy-freeman
11 years ago
3 posts

When startingmy locks, my friend help me put random sections all over my head. I thenbackcombed them the best I could myse. I wanted the messy natural look to an extent. Just wanted to Jump start my baby's. Now, after a month, I've noticed that the dreads on the rightsde of my head areagood bit skinnier. I figured I should just let them do what they do. But I'm really hoping the right side will thicken up a bit. Andalso, I joined a few in front the day after starting by just combing out then back in. Now I have a few crazyroots that I'm just not sure how they will lock. And I contemplated combing them all outand going completely natural. Suggestions? Also, I'm not really seeing shrinkage. Maybe started them ttoo tight?

updated by @rudy-freeman: 01/13/15 09:58:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the 1 in the pic looks like it will be pretty thick but looks like it would have been 3 dreads if left to go natural

it might be ok you didnt mention how old they are

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rudy Freeman
@rudy-freeman
11 years ago
3 posts

I'm at around 1 month now. And I'm sure nature will take care it. Just curious. Most of my roots are great. Just three in the front went super crazy.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

It's going to take some time before you really start getting shrinkage. I'm just now starting to be affected by it and I'm 5 months in. Even now it's really only happening on 1 side and on top. Go figure. Everybody's hair is different though...hang in there. Happy Dreading!!!

recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
11 years ago
70 posts
I started fresh 2 years ago and it's just the last 6 months or so that my dreads have really shown some solid form. The right side is definitely thicker & heaps shorter than the left. I think because I sleep on that side! Anyway, what I'm getting at is the natural process can be slow but ultimately rewarding as you learn patience & lose the stress & concern about what people think of your different look. Try & see if you can go with what you've got for a month. You might see them show a little movement & structure into something better than you expected.
Rudy Freeman
@rudy-freeman
11 years ago
3 posts

Also, some of my "sections" are oblong rather than anything squarish. And some of the roots in the back are joining. Is it OK to just letit go orshould I start seperating? These "dreads" arehardly dreads at all atm

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts
I don't think the shape of your roots matter as long as the sections aren't too big. You definitely need to separate though, if you don't they will begin to congo. Anytime you feel them sticking together you need to separate, for me it's daily.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form