Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Soap question, homemade nettle/milk bar

Lotta Elofsson
@lotta-elofsson
11 years ago
10 posts

I wonder if this soap I've made for my body can be good for my hair too? What are you think?

Ingredients: Coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, rapeseed oil, milk, green tea extract, nettles, rosmarin and some essential oils.

The milk (3%) isnt calculated in the picture, but it's mostly there for the foaming and for a less itchy skin.

My dreads is 9 month and almost matured, but there is also some babies from loose hair and a bit in the ends which still loose without knots. I have soft water.

updated by @lotta-elofsson: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks too conditioning to me but hopefully heather will know better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lotta Elofsson
@lotta-elofsson
11 years ago
10 posts
Thanks for your answer. Maybe anyone know the perfect condition number for a dread bar soap? If, I will make a new receipe just for my hair. It's just how less conditioning for dreads it would be I'm not sure about for be able to make my own..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well both coconut and olive are both very conditioning and they are primary ingredients

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lotta Elofsson
@lotta-elofsson
11 years ago
10 posts
Absolutely. Your right, but the lye matter a lot. Therefore the number from the whole combination is more important than these oils in this case. I believe dr bronner have a lot of olive of coconut too?
Lotta Elofsson
@lotta-elofsson
11 years ago
10 posts
*the process with the lye. (edit)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form