Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads, help!

Max d
@max-d
11 years ago
5 posts
Just got my hair dreaded with a crochet hook , it was done by a jamacian lady, she told me not to wash them for several weeks, however I'm reading otherwise. I want to know what I can do to help my dreads form into night fluffy matts
updated by @max-d: 02/14/15 09:36:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

throw away the crochet hook that was a huge mistake that can take 6 months to even begin to dread a year to fully recover from

wash your hair

in fact lightly condition with aloe or johjoba to loosen up the crochet and speed recovery

crochet is 1 of the worse things for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Max d
@max-d
11 years ago
5 posts

what else should i do to continue the lock up process after i was them?

Max d
@max-d
11 years ago
5 posts

WASH

Max d said:

what else should i do to continue the lock up process after i was them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash and seperate..thats the only things dreads ever need

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

moving this to salon dreads recovery section

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

mix 1 part baking soda 10 parts water stir to break up clumps

mix this right b4 poiuring

then pour over head

wait 10 min

then rinse

after rinsing well mix a spoonful or 2 acv in several cups watfer

pour on and rinse right away

--
Max d
@max-d
11 years ago
5 posts

i did the baking soda rinse, still recommend starting over?

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

You don't have to start over, just no more crocheting, let them do their thing, wash your hair often and separate them when they try to tangle together :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Because of the damage that crocheting did, brushing them out to start over will probably do more damage than good. Thee are a lot of broken hairs in your locks already. Brushing will only break more and pull all of those hairs out. If you just loosen up your locks with aloe or jojoba oil, they will start to recover faster. Then they will be able to start locking. Also, I think I can see rubber bands in at least a few of the tips of your locks. Take them out. Bands will only do more damage. They squeeze your locks too tight, creating weak spots that never heal. They also get sucked into your locks where they dry-rot and grow mold. Plus, bands at the tips of your locks prevent locking.

After that, wash 2-3 times a week with a good residue-free shampoo. The BS/ACV wash is great in soft water. But it doesn't rinse out well in hard water. Dreadlockshampoo.com is the best for any water type

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form