Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gunk at roots after bs wash

Kenneth
@kenneth
11 years ago
10 posts

so i started using baking soda wash. & i was sure that i washed it all out. & when i got out of the shower, i found a little bit of white gunk / wet gooey substance. it looks like wet baking soda but im not too sure. any information on this??

updated by @kenneth: 01/13/15 09:57:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

u didnt make the bs strong enough and maybe didnt use acv

thats the dead skin paste not fully removed

bs exfoliates taking off dead skin but making it into a paste thars not removed unless the bs is string enough to remove it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
11 years ago
36 posts
My hair always has this. I have followed the guidelines. I thought it was maybe cause i have hard water. Ive boiled the water but their was no minerals at the bottom or anything like that. I have even used bottle water to no avail. I have a residue on my brush-(haven't started dreading yet, hoping to find a job first). Even when I shaved my head all the time I had skin I could scrub off with fingernails. So I'm not sure what it is for me.
Vates
@vates
11 years ago
66 posts

I have similar issues with the dead skin. I know that diet can contribute to such things. Maybe try using coconut oil on your scalp it seems to help me.

Kenneth
@kenneth
11 years ago
10 posts

when would be the best time to put on the oil? cause i actually do have coconut oil somehow haha. ty in advance

Vates said:

I have similar issues with the dead skin. I know that diet can contribute to such things. Maybe try using coconut oil on your scalp it seems to help me.

Linus
@linus
11 years ago
43 posts

I just wrote this in another thread so i just copy paste it.

"I had the same problem with buildup for a long time. I just put a little bit more baking soda and let it sit for 20-30 minutes instead of 10 and the buildup was gone. Be sure the water hits the scalp with some pressure too."

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form