dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I May Have an Issue

Christopher Hooks
@christopher-hooks
11 years ago
10 posts

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've logged in. My dreadlocks are coming up on 10 months now, and I think I may have a potential problem.

On the top of my head I have one section that is probably close to 3 inches wide, and matted really close to my head. If I lift it hard enough, I can see that it connects to a smaller dread sort of like a bridge, but it's so close to the scalp that it's impossible to rip apart, and even if I did, the main section would still be huge....

I'll attach a picture... I'm not sure what to do... It seems way too big. It spans from my thumb to the tip of my middle finger...

updated by @christopher-hooks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Vates
@vates
11 years ago
66 posts

Sounds like one of those situations where scissors are needed.

Vates
@vates
11 years ago
66 posts

or a knife

Christopher Hooks
@christopher-hooks
11 years ago
10 posts

Thanks man... After some more reading, I dug out a paper clip, and ripped at it until I could grab it with both hands and tear it apart. Now I have one goofy looking softy that sticks straight out... but it should be better in the long run.

Vates
@vates
11 years ago
66 posts

Yea they end up being all sorts of sizes and shapes. I've had a couple times where I had no choice but to cut a bridge. If I didn't i'd have like 2 locks lol.

Shayla Waychoff
@shayla-waychoff
11 years ago
33 posts

Hey man, glad it could be fixed! Hopefully it'll stay good to go

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

the 1 thats 3 inches comb it out and make it 3-6 or more

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

wat no sissors or knifes jeeze barbarians hahaha jk

but just comb that section out an let it re dread or section it just that area an tnr it to ensure its on a path u like haha goodluck peace

Christopher Hooks
@christopher-hooks
11 years ago
10 posts

Thanks for the advice guys, but I think I may have avoided combing, and knives and scissors altogether!

Like I said, I tore the base into kind of another dread on it's own. now the base of each is an inch or so wide. I think it'll be okay now... I hope!

updated by @christopher-hooks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Looks like you sorted the problem out on its own :) in the future, keep a close watch on those ones (and any others) and separate them as often as needed so you don't end up with a similar problem. Eventually, when your dreads are more mature, they won't need separating as much. Looking great :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form