Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help please chop or not

Leon
@leon
11 years ago
9 posts

gday so i got my dreads done at a salon about a year ago so there with wax and i probably dident research enough and now i want to get rid of the wax, would you have any tips, will 'wax b gone' work because there is a fair bit of wax in them. or is it easier to chop em off and start again they also have heaps of dirt and crap i them because i was told not to wash them and i work on a construction site and there is lots of dust about.

any help or tips are greatly appreciated

cheers

updated by @leon: 02/14/15 03:17:31AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wax b gone will get the wax iut u may need to do it several times the dredlockshampoo will get the dirt out too

its fi=unny salons say natural dreads are gross cause of a few loose hairs but say dirty stinky waxy dreads are so neat and tidy

do they smell if so get the rot knot too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Wax-B-Gone will work, many many people have used it with great results :) might need more than one use though, of course. No need to cut them off, I used wax once but managed to get it out and my dreads have dreaded brilliantly ever since, I'm very happy with their progress. So unless you feel like you need to cut them off, you don't HAVE to, you can get the wax out and get your hair dreaded up properly.

Leon
@leon
11 years ago
9 posts
Yea they used bees wax. I might give the dish soap a go first, will that get bees wax out?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

very lil beeswax is harder to remove i would go for the wax b gone

but that dont mean u shouldnt start with dish soap and very hot water till u get it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Leon
@leon
11 years ago
9 posts

had a go with the dish soap tonight got some wax out but there is still heaps left and a fair bit of dirt and stuff out considering it is the first time i have washed them since i got them. is there a special technique to applying the dish soap, i kinda just rubbed it in and then washed it out with hot water. should i do this every day? and can i also do it every day with wax b gone? should i also be using dread shampoo while in the de-waxing process?

sorry about all the questions, cheers for the help. this i a picture after the wash

updated by @leon: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I wouldnt wash it everyday, i wash my hair every 3 or sometimes 4 days :) when you wash put soap on all the roots and work it into a lather, then rinse and squeeze soap through the dread. :)

Sting.Rey
@stingrey
11 years ago
42 posts
I used wax at first as well, I feel your pain bro. The dirt is being held onto by the sticky wax, not just the infrequent washings. I learned this hard way before I wised up too & stopped the wax. Do not get discouraged it will come out. Just keep washing it every 3 days with an acidic degreaser and not a day sooner. The reason why is that you need your dreads to fully dry on the inside or else you'll get mold and that awful smell. This is even more important for wax recovery as the wax holds onto moisture as well. If you feel like you really need to cut to make a clean break and start over naturally then do it for that reason. I just might do that myself to get rid of my salon dreads as well. But understand that it is not necessary.Good luck & keep us posted.
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Just read the thread. Salon wax is not water soluable by the way.I had one application of wax in the begining, I used fairy dish soap, the ultra strength, apparently not recommended because it is too harsh, it did dry the hair out, but no permanent damage that I can tell. I washed and rinsed three times, in each shower about every three days, for four showers, so, thats 12 washes, I reckon I got it all out.

peace

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Wax is not water soluable. Perhaps what you have is "a bit like wax", but it cannot be wax if it is water soluable.
Britany said:

maybe your salons wax but the wax that was ordered for me is, i actually sell it for that reason in my store ( not for dreads ) I used Paul Mitchel dry wax, before you call someone out do your research.
Tim said:

Just read the thread. Salon wax is not water soluable by the way.I had one application of wax in the begining, I used fairy dish soap, the ultra strength, apparently not recommended because it is too harsh, it did dry the hair out, but no permanent damage that I can tell. I washed and rinsed three times, in each shower about every three days, for four showers, so, thats 12 washes, I reckon I got it all out.

peace

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form