Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Job Interview help!!

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
11 years ago
86 posts

Hey great people tomorrow i have a job interview at a restaurant, not as a server but counter help, which is probably taking phone orders and some other stuff. I'm 17 and this is gonna be my first job, i got my job permit not so long ago, but my only problem is the first impression. I know i don't really care what people think about me but for a job I guess i do, and well my mom is telling me i won't get a job with my hair, I'm a couple days short of 5 months going completely natural, i've been using the natural dreadlock shampoo. And my hair is probably 6-7 inches it is naturally curly so it looks kinda messy. Could anybody give me tips on what to do with my hair, I'm taking a nice long shower to get rid of any falling hair but idk what to do with my hair it isn't long enough for a ponytail and idk if a headband will look 'professional'. Thanks any help is much appreciated.

updated by @jimmy-dc: 01/13/15 09:57:04PM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Slick it back neatly, pick out a collared shirt and a good pair of khakis, and practice your handshake. Good luck!

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

some aloe Vera gel and slick it back and behind your ears i think that would look very professional. Somewhere on this site i saw a letter to employers stating that dreadlocks are protected under religious and civil rights.

Jimmy DC
@jimmy-dc
11 years ago
86 posts

Aight the interview went pretty well but the guy said he is looking for servers and we were having a great conversation, but he asked for my age and, me being 17 kinda smacked my chances to become a server because they serve alcohol in this place so I need to be 18 and thats still a couple months away, but all you guys helped me alot. I'm gonna keep looking.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form