Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

site upgrade is coming soon

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well its been 4 years since dreadlockssite was born aug 9th was the aniversary (forgot to celebrate it this year...my fault srry)

we are soon transitioning to the new site http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com

the migration as of now is scheduled for sept but might take a lil longer

however with the new super groups in place its alot more sable

still missing are chat and messaging (messaging should be added when groups comes out of beta) and videos (except we have youtube vimeo channel integration now)

we even have youtube integration in groups!

anyway

since migration is getting closer and we need more activity to thouroughly test everything including groups i urge all you active members to begin using it right away and get it active.

create an account on there using the same login email you use now this will help make merging accounts easier

notes:

• i still want suggestions on more features like more forums and blogs and photo galleries as well as catagories in each
  • i want suggestions on group categories as well examples regional categories then create groups within each for each region (countries and states etc)
  • this will be a massive upgrade and i want to custom design it for you to showplace your varied interests..beyond dreads so lets get to brainstorming and create the best site we can make and take things to the next level

join http://ww3.dreadlockssite.com today

mobile users:

all apps are now obsolete the mobile 1st responsive design of the new site makes apps unesacary

you now have the same user experience as a desktop user no limitations no problems using features or adding photos

and you are not limited anymore

the old site you mobuile users only had access to a small percentage of the content.

in the new site you have full access to everything

note there are still bugs to be found the more heavily we use it the quicker we will find them all

so please create a bug hunters group to post them in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 02:26:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like it might not be till oct now but still plz join and use it now

--
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

I would really like to help testing the new site more, but my computer is having a really hard time processing it. Everything's uploading so slowly, this is really difficult to do anything. I'm already having a bit of a hard time here, so the new one is really hard on my Francis (my computer's name's francis haha).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm what browserr do u use

--
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

cool cool better late than never lol woot cant wait for transition :) keep up good wrk SE luvs ya

la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

SE, I'm using Firefox. But my Francis is a bit of an old guy, maybe that's why... Though I've read somewhere am not the only one having to deal with this issue.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

clear cache and cookes check to be sure you have no adware or malware or any scumware that affects it

theres prformance tweaks u can look yp for firefox

defrag your hard drive ..ff is the best but has 1 drawback..its a memory hog

so closing it and reopening it might clear memory a bit'

use resourdce moniitor to determine if your memory use is high (windows 7 and above or maybe vista and above is designed to use most of your memory but for cache you will see a green gar thats used memory for working programs that should only be about 50% or less maybe a lil more but not alot) then you will see a orange bar thats files movable to virtual (disk) memory and a dark blue bar thats cached files and finaly a light blue thats unused ram

if you have plenty of ram that orange area should be minimal thats ideal since rams read much faster then disk

if the green and orange take up yoo much space then you need to close programs using lots of ram or add more ram

i got 32 gigs ram way more then most ppl need

as u see im using 12 gigs atively

firefox is using 2 and my sitemap generators using 2 also

if your pc is old it may have only 500 megs or 1 gig newer windows only barely runs on that

upgrading to 8 gigs might be just what you need

8 gigs is what most ppl need unless you do video editing or use other programs with high ram use

i only upped to 32 cause the sites sitemap generation requirs it

also

i highly recomend avg antivirus and avg tune up the tune up will greatly increase the pc speed as well as malware bytes

avg and malware bytes have free versios but if u can affiord to id get the paid version

the tune up i think is only paid however theres probly a trial version that will help but not as much since tune up learns your pc use and recomends turning off unused servicfes based on what you need

windows has multiple services enaled that hardly anyone ever needs turning them off really helps a ton

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
la Renarde
@la-renarde
11 years ago
54 posts

Francis is not THAT old. It's 4 years-old, but for a laptop that's pretty old.

It's a 4gigs and I'm using photoshop and editing videos alot with it, no prob. But I'm on windows Vista, wich is a real pain in the ass. But I don't have money to upgrade my computer.

I do regular defrags and take good care of my old friend.

I've been thinking of going Linux for some times now. Or install it and switch to windows only when needed. Maybe It would be smoother on Linux. Don't know. I checked my memory usage and everything was good. All my computer things are up to date... Mystery...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

ok guys
we reallllly need alot more using the new site
i was made aware that some on mobile couldnt use it cause the header slideshow prevented scrolling
i cant fix the issues unles your using it and reporting the issues
so i expect at least 20 of you to join todayy and begin using it

i got another update
we will be able to swich to it end of sept but chat and vid might not be ready till oct
we will probly wait till chats ready
but in the mean time i really really really need a good dozen or 2 to join and use it now

--
Jayke Watson
@jayke-watson
11 years ago
118 posts
I'm not sure if you're looking into this already but just in case, on the mobile version the new site the comments on photos and discussions are in columns and it starts a new line every two or three words so it takes a lot of scrolling to read very short posts. I really like the way the comments are on this site though :)
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form