Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks Shampoo bar questions!

To Live Is To Dye
@to-live-is-to-dye
11 years ago
10 posts

Hi Ive been washing with dreadheadhq shampoo left over from when I bought it for my old set years ago. I want to switch to something else and definitely don't want to support dhhq in any way. I also use acv/bs rinses. I see that everyone recommends the solid shampoo cars from dreadlocksshampoo. I read the ingredients though and have a few questions.

saponified oils of organic coconut, organic unrefined first press extra virgin olive oil, organic castor bean oil, beer, kaolin clay

I am worried about all the oil the shampoo bars contain. Wont this be too moisturizing for my dreads? I know many people condition regular hair with olive and coconut oils so this worries me that my knots will slip out.

Also clay does not seem like a good idea. Ive heard any kind of clay is not good i dreads. Just wondering if anyone could clarify?

Is it easy to lather these solid shampoos? Or do you rub them on the scalp directly?

Thanks!

updated by @to-live-is-to-dye: 01/13/15 09:56:28PM
To Live Is To Dye
@to-live-is-to-dye
11 years ago
10 posts

Mine are a year old so Im not too worried about them falling apart but I am definitly concerned about the many different oils in it and clay. and beer! just wasnt sure about it.

Kerry LoCo
@kerry-loco
11 years ago
46 posts

To make soap one needs fat (animal or vegetable), hence the oils in the bar.

As for the clay, I believe the "clay is not good for dreads" comes from people who actually put clay in their hair to help dread it (like wax, etc.). A small amount of clay in a bar of soap shouldn't make a difference because it's rinsed out, not left in.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form