Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreads

The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Alright... hair's one inch long, dark brown and pretty curly when it is long. Hoping for any tips that will help my hair knot up 'correctly'. I do have some dandruff issues and any help would be well appreciated : )
updated by @the-rapture-of-exile: 01/13/15 08:30:38PM
Giuliano Pagano
@giuliano-pagano
14 years ago
55 posts
Hi there Ryan maybe I can help you out; first off welcome to dreadlock forums.I started the natural method 5 months ago when my hair was pretty short (around 1-3) inches; what I did was pretty much started washing my hair only every 2-3 days without conditioner. Knowing you have curly hair you probably dont brush (I definitly didnt when I used to let my hair curl lol) I also recconmend using a non-residue shampoo (baby shampoo works)The first couple months will be your hardest; your hair will grow, become unmanageable and look just darn awful to the people around you but its all a test of patience, if you can put yourself in the right mindset to just let your hair grow naturally and let it do what it wants to do it will REALLY pay off in the years to come. :)Anyways, 5 months of growing my hair from a short length and they are just long enough to make some quality baby dreads, I'm quite happy with the progress I made and it didn't even seem that long.Good luck to you ryan, dont be a stranger and feel free to ask as many questions you need to know on the forums.. Im sure theres someone who knows alot more than a newbie like me.Peace \/
The Rapture of Exile
@the-rapture-of-exile
14 years ago
33 posts
Thanks all! Using the baking soda rinse, followed by vinegar dilution, then dr.bronners. Been washing hair every three days or so... hoping for the dandruff to die down. I was wondering if wool hats are a good idea? I've heard they make hair knot up faster. I've been sleeping with a bandana on and it seems to keep my hair from straightening while I sleep on my pillow. Many thanks from the dread-newby
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form