Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hard Water Problems..

Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

Does hard water have a bad effect on how well baking soda cleans? because i have hard water and i absolutely hate it. and i just wonder if it has a bad effect on my hair.

(I know its not as good as soft water but im stuck with hard water so theres nothing i can really do which is a pain.)

updated by @jambi: 01/13/15 09:56:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

somewhat but alkaline water like uk has is the real problem

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

So since i have hard water should i be diluting the soaps i have so they wont be so harsh?

(And can i just use baking soda rince instead of adding the ACV to it? because it seems the acv makes my hair feel funny. so would it be fine to use just BS?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your not mixing bs and acv together are you? they must be used seperately and u do need the acv or you'll fry the scalp/hair

but acv has to be used seperately

diluting a soap wont help its still a soap u need to make it work in hard water like www.dreadlockshampoo.com soaps

otr add borax to bronners

etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jambi.
@jambi
11 years ago
43 posts

Okay i just have another quick question now.

So basically.....

1. i get a big jug put about 1/3 cup of BS in the jug... Stir around until its all broke up.

2. Pour on my head.

3. Let it soak on my hair while i go about my buisiness.

4. Then in about 20-30 minutes. Rinse the BS out?

Basically i need to know where the ACV comes in.... Like which of the following do i do.

-After 30 minutes Pour ACV on my head WITH BS still on my head?

-Or after 30 minutes Rinse out the soaking BS first and then Pour ACV on my head?

And do i rinse the ACV out after awhile? or do i simply just get out of the shower with the ACV still on my head...

Basically these are my biggest BS + ACV Questions. I have both but dont know the correct order/way to do it.

And does it work in hard water?

Sorry for the huge list of questions.

Zachary Tyler
@zachary-tyler
11 years ago
36 posts
You can use bottled water if you need to. For acv you want to put in around a capful in 5 cups of water. Rinse out the bs, then do acv. Leave maybe a minute at most. Rinse. They say rinse with cool/cold water. This is what I've been told anyways.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Oh boy does hard water make a difference. Even with most dread shampoos. I have hard well water and learned the hard way that the baking soda does not dissolve properly. You can fix that by one of two ways:

• boil the water first to mix your BS with. Let the boiled water cool, then pour out slowly leaving the mineral residue in the bottom of the pot. ACV will mix with hard water, so don't worry there
  • or you can take the lazy way out like I do. I purchase water cooler size jugs that last forever and I use that to mix my BS with

I use the BS wash / ACV rinse for my entire first year and it worked fantastic once I learned how to do it properly with my water. As Soaring Eagle mentioned, the shampoo and bars from Dreadlocks Shampoo work in all types of water. This is what I use now, but still do the BS ACV once a month....Just encase I never sent it to you, here is a map for your water type:

PEACE

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form