dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Stringy Blingy

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

Hey friends !!

So I'm about 7 months into my journey and it has gone by so quick!!

My hair has progressed greatly in all this time. However I'm noticing that it looks as though the ends are getting stringy??!

I'm not sure what phase I'm in, if its normal, But I'm wondering what is going to follow...?

I'm also hoping the ends aren't thinning and that maybe the dreads are just thickening up?!

They are definitely thicker from the scalp about half way down until the ends....

What do you guys think? Have you been there before?? What happens next?

Much Love !! <3

updated by @marissa-victoria: 01/13/15 09:56:05PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Oh, yeah, very normal. I mean, I've seen people with lumps and bumps and loops all over the lengths of their dreads, but for me, I've noticed some of mine, but not all, are exactly like that. Actually, only two that I can see just now, but pretty sure more too. Well, one of them that was like that has almost completely dreaded, and the other is still the same. It'll still dread up though, except maybe the tips, they might stay wispy (some do, some blunt, just depends). I've always wondered about it because I thought it was just me, but apparently not :)

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

Awesome thanks for your reply !!

I just wondered if most of the dread will be thick then these dinky little ends lol.

:P

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Marissa. So many changes do happen. What you are talking about is not thinning out ends. What happens is the dread matures...as it does this it loops and shrinks...hairs inside the dread crawl around, knotting as they go. There are many strands in a single dreads, each strand is doing its own thing, kinda like a tree root. So at one point those ends look really thin. Slowly those ends will be sucked up higher also. Not sure how long your hair was when you started, but I went from almost waist length to shoulder length in 11 months. I had all sorts of different lengths due to sleeping habits, different ends, thin and fat. Each dread doing their thing....

No worries at all, sounds like yours is doing wonderful....peace

Ras Makari
@ras-makari
11 years ago
2 posts

Hello Marissa, I wanted to let you know that the ends have to do with what type of hair you have I am mixed my mother is Irish and African-American and my father is Jamaican. I have had my locks for about a year when I first started april of last year I put them in and wash them out after about two weeks and did the same thing 3 weeks later. It took me over 4 months for my hair to lock because my hair is weird. I use shampoo and conditioner with shea and Jamaican castor oil and it makes my hair soft yet very strong. Your hair is normal as long as you watch how you wash it you will be fine. I am Ras Makari, Jah Bless!

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

okay good to know !!! Thank you everyone for the input I guess my solution is more patience :)))

Moon Raven
@moon-raven
11 years ago
32 posts

Hi Marissa, I think you hair looks fabulous! I love how it waves & the ends too. Looks very natural & organic.

Blessings

Marissa Victoria
@marissa-victoria
11 years ago
34 posts

Thank You very much Moon Raven!!

:))

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form