Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Baking soda acv wash makes hair itchy and oily?

Vini
@vini
11 years ago
8 posts

So after taking out my old dreads and growing out my hair, ive decided to go natural and just neglect it till my dreads start forming. But the problem is, im using the baking soda wash and am having the same problems as last time. It makes my hair, particularly on my forehead, very oily, and my scalp is very itchy. I used 10 cups of water to 1 cup of baking soda, and then a spoonful of ACV to 10 more cups of water, but it never feels like it does anything. Can someone point me in the right direction?

updated by @vini: 01/13/15 09:55:39PM
Jennahfly Soulflower
@jennahfly-soulflower
11 years ago
10 posts

Wet hair first. I use about 1/3 cup BS in a Gallon of water with about 20 drops tea tree oil. Pour though hair/dreads front and back. Let set for 10-30 min. 1/3 cup ACV in a gallon of water. I leave this in. I use cool water for all of it. This cuts down on dry/itchy scalp.

Hannah Moore
@hannah-moore
11 years ago
68 posts

Its worth finding out whether you have hard or soft water in your area as if you have hard water the bs wont wash out and itll leave your head itchy.

If you do have soft water then your ratios sound alright, just make sure youre leaving the bs solution on for like 10-20 mins then rinse out well, apply the acv solution then rinse out immediately. Some people do leave it on for a little but this is what conditions your hair and restores scalp pH so if youre getting oily hair it may be that youre leaving it on too long especially with baby dreads you don't want to over condition them as knots could slip out. After the acv wash if you use really cold water to go over your scalp it will help with dandruff and itchiness. And in general when washing your hair don't use really hot water anyway.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/baking-soda-and-sea-salt-ratios

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form